Author Topic: Violent knife attack video  (Read 6984 times)

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
Violent knife attack video
« on: March 28, 2010, 09:45:01 AM »
I hope this topic hasn't been covered already, however, I have been wondering about the dynamics of this knife attack video ever since I first saw it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=316_1268934423

This seems to be a very bad situation to wind up in.  Once a guy grabs ahold of you like that, it can be a very unforgiving situation to be in.

Thoughts on how to deal with such a grab and stab attack?  Is anybody training this material?
"This is a war, and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any time, in any place." ~ Morpheus

Rarick

Re: Violent knife attack video
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:11:29 AM »
Chinese Govt. apparently has had it censored.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:15:53 AM »
Bandolero:

The "grab and stab" variation of the Prison Sewing Machine is a terrible problem, as is "Push and Poke".  In DBMA's DLO material we seek to answer these variations of PSM :wink: 

Next time we get together I'll be glad to see what you think of our efforts.

TAC!
CD

Rarick

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:30:36 AM »
Garb the knife arm with both your hands and rotate away toward the garbbing hand?  That would pull his center of gravity off, then go for the knife hand wrist or elbow breakage as his arm extends?  Do the kinife disarm fir, if you slip into a choke but get rid of the knife you have a chance of breaking the choke?  Keep the movement going if you can to get him away from knife reach with a little luck?

grayson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 12:44:13 PM »
Hi Guys.

I know we all like to obsess on the knife attack and it's defense but I think Gabe had it right when he said (paraphrase) Don't hang out in stupid places, with stupid people doing stupid things.
That's about 99% of it folks. Yes, it's different for LEO's, door staff etc., but unless you are looking for trouble it usually won't find you. Awareness is key.  :-D