Author Topic: Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer 2  (Read 16373 times)

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer 2
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »
last year we raised 7800 in three weeks
this year we are going to crush that number with a little help
there will be 5 cities involved my goal is to make this a yearly global event
here is a link to our promo vid, more information to follow soon

http://vimeo.com/26446417
those who do not listen learn through feeling

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
  • I might be small.....but, I'm not little
    • View Profile
Re: Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer 2
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 01:08:20 AM »
on Oct 15th, NoHo and K.I.L are sponsoring the 2nd Annual Beat the Crap Out of Cancer Event. We are donating all proceeds to www.kidskickcancer.org

If you have ever wanted to fight with sticks or other weapons but were too scared to fight in the Gathering, this may be a good stepping stone for you. You can wear as much or as little protective gear as you feel comfortable with. It is an opportunity for us fighters to step forward and do something for a great cause. Each fighter will get "sponsors" such as the days when you did the M.S. walks.  The sponsors will donate $5 per fight or $25 per day towards to you. We are hoping that each fighter gets at least 10 sponsors or sponsors that pay more then $25.
Lets face it, each of us have known someone that's died, or fought a great fight against cancer, and may still be doing it. Do what you love, for those that you love.
Contact me if you have any questions as I am the "lead" in the U.S.
Woof!
C-Mighty Dog      small dog...Big Balls

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »
 Beat the Crap out of Cancer----Bloomington Illinois

I would like to invite you to the Bloomngton, Illinois installment of the 2nd Annual “Beat the Crap Out of Cancer” Event being held on Saturday Oct 15th to benefit Cancer research.

This event started in Toronto Canada and has become a worldwide event, with locations this year in Hawaii, Los Angeles, Bloomington Illinois, Toronto Canada and The United Kingdom all on the same day.

This event is for Weapons Fighters of all Martial Arts to get together and fight for a worthy cause.... As with most “Fund raising events” ,Each fighter is asked to get friends and family members to “sponsor the fighter” our recommended sponsorship levels are $5 per fight or $25 per day, but any amout will help and all funds raised will be greatly appreciated!. We encourage you as a fighter to get as many fights as you can to help battle this terrible disease.

We are also recruiting Corporate Sponsors to help this “unique” event.

Every fighter will be able to wear as little or as Much Protective gear as they feel comfortable with. Fighters may also elect to fight with Padded Weapons, or live rattan or hard wood weapons. Head gear is a MUST. This is NOT a Dog Brothers Gathering, but rather an event for the Martial Arts weapons community to get together and Spar against other weapons based martial artists and to test yourself and test your art. This is open to ALL Styles, …Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, Indian, Native American, Israeli, Indonesian, African and all other systems.

Each Fighter will be receiving an Event T-shirt to wear when they fight to support the cause.

Fighter Registration/ Sponsorship forms will be available on the web at http://www.jkd-concepts.com/Cancer.htmlbegining on August 22nd or we can email the forms to you or send them through the post office.

This year, the Illinois event will be held at Forest Park in Bloomington Illinois from 11:00am. to 3:00 pm.
-
In the event of Rain the event will be held at the Lincoln Leisure Center in Bloomington, Illinois.
-
Please don’t miss out on an opportunity to watch or participate in a terrific and unique event for a worthy cause.

Each one of us has been affected directly or indirectly by Cancer. It’s time to stop standing on the side and Fight for those who battle this disease every day.

WE Hope to see you at this event, and please take the time and pass this invitation on to your family and friends.

Thank you,

Dog Terry Crutcher
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:40:04 AM by Dog Terry »

Hagakure5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »
"Beat the Crap out of Cancer----Bloomington Illinois"

I hope to make it to this event; whether as a fighter or as a sponsor. Great cause.

@Growling Dog
The video at URL link "http://vimeo.com/26446417" seems to have been deleted on July 22nd; only two days after your post.

Edit: Thinking now that maybe that was how long the event lasted.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:35:32 AM by HagakureLAW »

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »
here is the new You Tube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1D02qWxccw

this is a great opertunity to get together and raise some money for a great cause

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
Woof,

Wanted to post a link to the updated  Midwest page for BTCOOC

http://www.jkd-concepts.com/Cancer.html

and a link to the face book page

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=233080643395281

The 2011 midwest event will benefit the Community Cancer Center
http://www.cancercenter.org/

shoot me an email or give me a call with any questions.

woof

Dog Terry

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Here is the link for the sign up sheet/waiver and Sponsor form for the BTCOOC Bloomington event.

http://www.jkd-concepts.com/files/btcooc-bloomington.pdf

Woof,

Dog Terry

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »
Toronto has

40 fighters registered
$6000 already raised (50% of our goal this year)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »
Good work Growling Dog!

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 02:30:48 PM »
on Oct 15th, NoHo and K.I.L are sponsoring the 2nd Annual Beat the Crap Out of Cancer Event. We are donating all proceeds to www.kidskickcancer.org

If you have ever wanted to fight with sticks or other weapons but were too scared to fight in the Gathering, this may be a good stepping stone for you. You can wear as much or as little protective gear as you feel comfortable with. It is an opportunity for us fighters to step forward and do something for a great cause. Each fighter will get "sponsors" such as the days when you did the M.S. walks.  The sponsors will donate $5 per fight or $25 per day towards to you. We are hoping that each fighter gets at least 10 sponsors or sponsors that pay more then $25.
Lets face it, each of us have known someone that's died, or fought a great fight against cancer, and may still be doing it. Do what you love, for those that you love.
Contact me if you have any questions as I am the "lead" in the U.S.
Woof!
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 08:48:47 PM »
Looking forward to this weekend and taking a beating for cancer.

My Ex-wife's grandpa (who I knew and loved as my own gramps for 15 years) passed away yesterday after complications from prostate cancer (and other issues after a recent stroke).  He was a gentleman and WARRIOR and made it to the ripe age of 96!  He and I chewed the fat over strong drinks, crazy women, and played some pretty solid poker over the years.

I love and miss that man and dedicate all of my fights this weekend to him.

There is no better cause than this folks, come out and "play" or open your duct-tape wallets for this will ya?

Gibby
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »
WOOF
I just received an email From the Canadian cancer society Beat the Crap out of Cancer was nominated
 for the annual Community Partnerships award and we have been selected as the winner for Toronto!

bigdog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
Awesome!  Good work to all who participated!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »
 8-) 8-) 8-)