Author Topic: Guro Crafty summer tour 2013  (Read 9427 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Guro Crafty summer tour 2013
« on: April 13, 2013, 06:37:22 PM »
Buenos Aires, Argentina:  May 25-27:  Argentinian Federal Police May 28-30 Hernan Seivane

Rio de J., Brazil:  June 1-2  Diego Marroni

Lorelei, Germany June 8-10  Lonely Dog

Paris, France June 15-16  Pascal Gilles
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:14:06 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Guro Crafty summer tour 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »
Having a wonderful time here in BA.  Every dinner is a gourmet delight, one of which I would rate amongst my Top Ten meals  :-o

An outstanding time with the Federal Police, including walking on patrol with a team through Villa 1-11-14, which is a super lively part of town.  The training was highly enjoyable, all present were special forces of one form or another and the motivational and the adrenal experience level was very high.  I received a gift from one of the men that touched me quite deeply-- the beret he received upon being admitted to the Federal Police Special Forces.

Today was Day 1 with HernanĀ“s crew.  Very enjoyable!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 04:50:54 PM »
Another day of fun and games with Hernan and his people.  Dos Triques, Kali Tudo, and Stickgrappling.  Then I was treated to a brief explanation and demonstration of Argentinian knife and blanket fighting.

Good times.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
Woof All:

A bit of a crisis here. I will not be able to be in Rio this weekend. When I went to the airport here in Buenos Aires, Argentina this morning I was informed that starting one year ago Brazil decided to apply the same treatment to Americans that we apply to Brazilians. This includes having to get a visa (in all my previous travels an American passport had sufficed in and of itself) various requirements and processing time all of which were impossible to accomplish in time on a Friday afternoon.  The details of all this are unimportant here, but I would like to note the heroic efforts of Paulo in Brazil and Hernan here in BA helping me out.

That said, my host Diego and I are SOL, as are all the people who have arranged to come from Rio, Curitiba, Argentina, and even one from Ecuador!  The purpose of this post is to enable people to adjust as best as they can

We are in the process of sorting things out as best we can.

Stay tuned.

The Adventure continues , , ,
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:37:44 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
Some small things I have noticed here in Argentina:

*There are hardly any chain stores or restaurants;
* Before a red light turns green, the yellow light comes on for a second-- nice detail;
* They are in the peak of presidential election and billboards are everywhere.  The one that says "Limite. Ella o vos" is fg brilliant-- Limite can be read here as a noun or a command and is a reference to Pres. Kirchner's Peronist regime (an Argentine form of fascism) which currently is looking to subject the judiciary to majority (mob) rule and get her a third term.
*Prices are incredibly reasonable for many things.

I continue to be really well fed.  Tonight we were the only people in a Cantonese place and , , , well , , , https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200652148838960.1073741846.1017604563&type=1
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:38:22 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 06:20:23 AM »
Flashback:  The night we drove to the police station for me to go on foot patrol in Villa 1-11-14 (a really dangerous neighborhood) the GPS announced "You are entering a dangerous neighborhood"  :-o :-o :-o :lol:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 09:32:46 AM »
Some final observations from my time in Argentina:

*Almost no women where dresses or skirts. I think I saw maybe three my whole time here.

*Most neighborhood intersections have no stop signs at all.  The car to the right has right of way.  Though nanny state neutered Americans would freak out, it seems to work just fine.

*Once again, some outstanding food to be found!

A hearty thanks to Hernan et al for a fine time and rallying around to help with regard to my Brazilian visa issues and related matters!

After a trip from hell to Frankfort, Lonely picked me up. A drive through some spectacular countryside on way to Loreley; the Rhine River was flowing FAST and had overflowed its banks here and there necessitating some detours.

Outstanding time here in Loreley.  3.5 days of teaching a great group of guys; great conversation (8 countries represented at a dinner table of 9 guys:  Germany, Switzerland, US, Lithuania, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, and I'm brain farting on the last one) and now I sit in a restaurant in a castle overlooking the Rhine.

The instruction was all KT and DLO (plus a bit of light sparring vs. mae sowks with staff with Gong Fu Dog and Lonely Dog).  A very spirit cleansing time and place for me, as a result lots of new ideas came up.

At dawn, on to Paris!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 02:25:04 AM »
2.5 hours of Kali Tudo last night; good times :-)

Sqvqte legend Robert Paturel came by and gave me an autographed copy of his Street Boxing book and a copy of a group foto from the seminar he gave for the Inosanto Academy in the late 1980s with a much younger version of me in the back row 8-)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:28:11 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 04:10:44 AM »
Continuing with my random sociological observations:

a)  Completely unlike Los Angeles I have yet to see any synthetic breasts in Argentina; Germany, or France  8-) 8-) 8-)

b)  Along with the handshake, men buss each other on the cheek in both Argentina and France; a gentle stiff arm to the right shoulder suffices to jeet tek this however :lol:

c) Parisian women definitely have style.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:36:16 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile