Author Topic: New DVD coming: The re-enactment of the creation of the DBs  (Read 8318 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
New DVD coming: The re-enactment of the creation of the DBs
« on: February 03, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »

Woof All:

Just a little heads up folks. In about one month we will be releasing a new DVD focused on the 20th Reunion Gathering of the Pack (1988). In homage to the founding of the DBs the Gathering was for three days of fights, with the first day of fights taking place at the Ramblas Park in San Clemente where it all began so long ago.

I will add that the shoot was done in a first rate manner-- with much of the footage being shot by the same folks who did the Grateful Dead movie and drumming by a Fish and friends from the band Fishbone.

The footage I've seen from Night Owl is a combination of assembly (i.e. completely unpolished, one camera angle) and rough (different camera angles etc) and I am really stoked by what I am seeing.

Some awesome fighting was done!

HCTHC!
Crafty Dog
GF

PhilipG

• View Profile
Re: New DVD coming: The re-enactment of the creation of the DBs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:51:03 AM »
Crafty told me he would bring up some out takes (I was there stuff.)

He will be here for the 2nd Canadian Dog Brothers Gathering in Canada in 1 1/2 weeks (February 16, 2013)

I cringe in anticipation of it's arrival.

Not for fear that I did well or not, but to be confronted with the reality of what a few years on this planet will do to your body image as opposed to the feeling of rattan-on-flesh-at-speed.

1988 does not seem so long ago. It is great to now see the world's acceptance of this type of fighting. It, or something like it, is practiced on every continent.

Like many good things, it's value is reflected by the quantity and quality of it's imitators.

The first video shoot (Ramblas) only had eight of us in it because everyone else thought we were nuts and were nervous about what was going to happen. Let me assure you, many more were invited. Now there are so many participants at the gatherings that if you don't arrange your fights in advance, and get in line, you don't fight.

Long gone too are the days when you could answer the question "How did you become a Dog brother?", by answering, "I showed up."

25 years this year? Was I ever that young?

Woof, Woof,

Sled Dog
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:53:25 AM by PhilipG »

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »
Sled Dog - I am not alone in my huge amount of respect for you, both for who you were, and who you are.

Guro Crafty - I can literally feel my heart rate go up a little at the thought of seeing the DVD.
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy