Author Topic: 9/21/2014 Dog Brothers Open Gathering of the Pack  (Read 34833 times)

Poidog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 9/21/2014 Dog Brothers Open Gathering of the Pack
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »
It is with a heavy heart that I will not be able to fight, or even attend, this years Open Gathering.  As some of you may know, my 1st child, my daughter, was born a little over a week ago by a last minute scheduled c-section.  Feeling that would not be stressful enough, my wife and I also purchased our first home, finalizing yesterday and picking up the keys today.  The movers are scheduled for Monday morning, so we only have this weekend to pack completely for the move.  I wish all the fighters much aloha.  Fight hard, be safe.  Push each other hard, but do not break one another.  Veteran fighters, bring in the novice fighters with the same respectful yet demanding tempering that you were fortunate to receive when you were the novice.  My heart and spirit will be with you, though my body will not.  Sticks high, my friends.

Aloha, Poi
Who dares wins - British SAS

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 08:08:48 PM »
Wwwooofff!!!

C-Dancing Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 11:22:15 PM »
@ Poi...the years have brought me to appreciate your tuteledge and presence, I will miss you on the mat yet I am so happy for your family and this incredible time in all your lives!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Pictures
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 07:13:02 AM »

DDF

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »
A heavy and heartfelt congratulations to all the ascentions in the tribe, and to all who participated.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:40:27 AM by Crafty_Dog »

greg jah

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2014, 12:05:01 PM »
Woof, everyone!

I just wanted to say thanks to all who participated in this year's Open Gathering.  I was  incredibly inspired by the "heart, mind, and balls" displayed by all who fought. Although I was not happy with my own performance during my stickfight (and a hard shot to my thumb effectively ended my ability to take more fights), I feel like I gained a great deal of insight into my own weaknesses and areas I need to work on.

A special thank you to Guro Beowulf and Darren (C-? Dog) for their fights with me. Gentlemen, it was humbling, inspiring, and motivating to train with you.

And of course, thanks and respect to Guro Crafty, whose vision and guidance brought us all together.

I wish everyone continued growth in their training, and I look forward to seeing and crossing sticks with you next year.

Best,

Greg

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Drums?
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2014, 01:09:57 PM »
For a clearer soundtrack of the fights, this Gathering we went without drums.

Feedback?