Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 284533 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 02:14:52 PM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: President Trump
« Reply #1752 on: December 28, 2019, 06:03:58 PM »
"My father has hired women for major roles for as long as Joe Biden has been rubbing their shoulders, smelling their hair, and breathing on their necks."

Eric Trump

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: December 28, 2019, 08:15:35 PM »
"My father has hired women for major roles for as long as Joe Biden has been rubbing their shoulders, smelling their hair, and breathing on their necks."

Eric Trump

Awesome!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: December 31, 2019, 10:08:08 AM »
I am looking for President Trump to announce some new rules on New Year's Day for taxes that make for an election year economic stimulus. See previous posts for what I hope they include. He can't announce them in advance because people would postpone their transaction until the new year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:01:30 PM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 06, 2020, 08:37:52 AM »
I am looking for President Trump to announce some new rules on New Year's Day for taxes that make for an election year economic stimulus. See previous posts for what I hope they include. He can't announce them in advance because people would postpone their transaction until the new year.

Were the New Year's economic announcements delayed by the Iran action taking up the news cycle or was I just wrong?

Watcing https://www.whitehouse.gov/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 07, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »
From the Iran thread:  'cultural targets', 'Trump being an ass.'

Besides his bad habits and good policies, I would award him a most improved ribbon:

4 years ago candidate Trump did not know Quds from Kurds:
https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/252752-trump-blasts-hugh-hewitt-as-a-third-rate-radio-announcer

And he wasn't familiar with the nuclear triad:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/12/17/what-is-nuclear-triad-debate-sot.cnn

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 07, 2020, 03:40:40 PM »
 :-D

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: President Trump: SOTU
« Reply #1759 on: February 04, 2020, 07:38:12 AM »
Expect a GREAT State of the Union speech tonight.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
excellent !!! Rush to get MOF announcement at SOTU
« Reply #1761 on: February 04, 2020, 05:01:24 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
SOTU
« Reply #1762 on: February 05, 2020, 05:05:11 AM »
For me that speech was from a titan

(when he behaves himself .  :-D)

God bless Rush .   A Patriot all the way!

I did not watch the Dem response

why bother

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: SOTU
« Reply #1763 on: February 05, 2020, 07:27:16 AM »
I did not watch the Dem response
  why bother
[/quote]

I turned it off at the end too, missed the Pelosi tear up and the rebuttal.  Watched this morning.

Dem response here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=277&v=xc5MJpEkO8g&feature=emb_logo

Her points are worthy of discussion too.  She really had to do extensive research to find positive things Democratic Governors are doing across the country.  Fixing pot holes, bridges, etc. Taking care of the have-nots in their states. Good presentation, good speech.  The answer to many of her points is that those things SHOULD be done by states, cities, counties.  It was not a rebuttal to what the President said: Lowest black and Hispanic unemployment ever, best wage growth in however many years, 7 million new jobs when only 1.9 million were forecasted, millions and millions off of food stamps.  That growth brings revenues to the STATES - who did NOT lower their tax rates.  Why shouldn't they use the money to fix what is broken and deteriorating in their states?  [After they pay off the teachers unions and special interests that got them elected.] But she throws in the right to slaughter their young.  Mentions impeachment, speaking of time wasted on talk, not action.  Fails to mention the Dem's strange emphasis on transgender bathrooms, girls and women's sports destroyed by social engineering, while the President works on wage growth.  Nothing said on their bought-opposition to school choice in Detroit's failed schools.  Nothing on foreign policy, the Democratic President's giveaway of lands won with sacrifice of Michiganders blood and treasure, right back to ISIS, or how her party and the establishment of the other party let China walk all over us for so many years, but not anymore.

Manufacturing came back to Michigan and she can't even give it a mention - because she opposed the policies that led to that.  Her state is on a comeback, not thanks to her.

Thank you President Trump and the Republicans in Washington who re-energized the country without any help from the other side of the aisle.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: SOTU
« Reply #1764 on: February 05, 2020, 08:05:14 AM »
"For me that speech was from a titan
(when he behaves himself .  :-D)
God bless announcing Rush .   A Patriot all the way!"

/quote]

That took enormous guts from both of them.  One day after announcing terminal illness, the President gets him to Washington, seats him next to the First Lady and awards him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, with the biggest possible audience worldwide.

Part of it is that they are friends.  Part is that he deserves it and part is that Trump knows this cements his bond with his base.

Half the audience had no idea Rush was an "inspirational" leader.  They know him only through the hate sites quoting him out of context.  If only we could read the thought bubble over Nancy Pelosi's cartoon head during that honor.
-------------
Trump also hit hard with a ban on late term abortion and the right to prayer in public schools.  What say his general election opponent Buttigieg(?) to that?  People can't understand why 'evangelicals' support Trump.  Maybe because the other side despises them so.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:14:01 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Dem response to SOTU
« Reply #1765 on: February 05, 2020, 08:47:55 AM »
Doug,

Linked to your post on Dem response to SOTU

only 11 minutes (Thank you know who)

reaching out to the suburban moms .
   white lady but very motherly soft spoken
   nod to paying off teachers

mentions about the increasing wealth gap -  I do agree this is not healthy but I don't agree with confiscation of the wealth to bribe their freee stuff crowd as the answer

college education of course mentioned - nod to continue paying off leftist academics while getting to the free college money crowd

health care ( which I see others agreeing with us  :-D will likely be the prominent issue ) . - more health care for those who do have trouble paying for it by making others pay for it.
   Trump did some good work addressing this up front.

the typical Dem condescending phony - truth matters etc........
   ( I never heard Pelosi lie........ :wink:; or Schiffster or love handles Nads)

and of course climate change .  not much I can say about this .  Maybe Trump could push for fusion but the rest of the Left's prescription is bad for us IMO

The Dem response was actually not as obnoxious as the MSM libs .

The main stream media never ever discuss what Trump says or does /did soley on its merits - only that it is partisan , divisive , racial
   anti black anti latino anti babes and the rest......

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Enter President Trump
« Reply #1767 on: February 08, 2020, 07:12:42 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Atlantic: President Trump and the Military
« Reply #1769 on: February 14, 2020, 04:37:28 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/11/military-officers-trump/598360/

Oh no, our esteemed military leadership that hasn't won a war since 1945 is very upset that the Commander in Chief won't defer to their expertise.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: February 14, 2020, 05:09:21 PM »
"Oh no, our esteemed military leadership that hasn't won a war since 1945 is very upset that the Commander in Chief won't defer to their expertise."

Hold it right there GM

we kicked the Cubans off Grenada!

:evil: :-D

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: February 14, 2020, 07:47:50 PM »
Witty snark no doubt, but for the record I'd say we won the Gulf War pretty decisively and overthrew Saddam pretty decisively.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: February 14, 2020, 08:06:27 PM »
Witty snark no doubt, but for the record I'd say we won the Gulf War pretty decisively and overthrew Saddam pretty decisively.

I keep looking for pictures and articles of Saddam signing an unconditional surrender document at the end of the Gulf War. I haven't found anything yet.

Google must be broken!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 15, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »

I keep looking for pictures and articles of Saddam signing an unconditional surrender document at the end of the Gulf War. I haven't found anything yet.

Google must be broken!

I believe there is such an agreement. I read it at the time. And had a printed copy of it. I believe Google is broken, can't find it.
https://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=946.msg48276#msg48276

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: February 15, 2020, 09:41:25 AM »
yes I thought of H Bush win

though we got rid of saddam once and for all but not sure I would call it.a win or what
the second time around with W Bush

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: February 15, 2020, 11:00:48 AM »
I would say our military won the war with Saddam but our political leadership lost the peace until our military via the Surge won it again only to have Obama-Biden lose it again.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 15, 2020, 06:19:42 PM »

Google must be broken!

I believe there is such an agreement. I read it at the time. And had a printed copy of it. I believe Google is broken, can't find it.
https://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=946.msg48276#msg48276

unconditional-surrender
Noun

A surrender without conditions, except for those provided by international law.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
headlines like this are just so unnecessary
« Reply #1777 on: February 19, 2020, 05:37:07 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-pardon-san-francisco-49ers-owner-eddie-de-bartolo-jr-wexner-223144333.html

he just has to be so much in "your face"

it does look bad when he is pardoning donors

though I recall clinton did it and likely bamster

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 19, 2020, 10:28:36 AM »
Yes, Clinton's pardons were far, far worse AND "it does look bad when he is pardoning donors".

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: headlines like this are just so unnecessary
« Reply #1779 on: February 19, 2020, 12:50:19 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
What : Dershowitz : Trump should do more pardons
« Reply #1780 on: February 19, 2020, 04:25:36 PM »
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/alan-dershowitz-trial-penalty-pardon-criminal-justice/2020/02/19/id/954842/

at this rate we will be hearing calls to do away with the entire prison system

MOST crimes go unpunished

this is not helpful!  :-(

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
President Trump and the Milken Pardon
« Reply #1781 on: February 20, 2020, 11:26:34 AM »

The Michael Milken Pardon
Trump’s act of clemency recalls an era rife with the politics of envy.
By The Editorial Board
Feb. 18, 2020 7:28 pm ET

Michael Milken speaks during the Milken Institute Asia Summit in Singapore, Sept. 19, 2019.
PHOTO: PAUL MILLER/BLOOMBERG NEWS
President Trump issued several controversial pardons and grants of clemency on Tuesday, but the most welcome was the pardon to legendary financier Michael Milken. The presidential action recognizes that the Milken prosecution of the late 1980s-early 1990s was an example of prosecutorial excess in an era like our own when political gales were raging about “the greed decade.”

Mr. Milken was one of the great financial innovators of the 20th century. In the 1980s he invented the high-yield bond market that is now a financial staple but in the 1980s made capital available to entrepreneurs and young companies that otherwise couldn’t get it. In the process Mr. Milken and his employer, Drexel Burnham, challenged established Wall Street firms and corporate elites. The innovation helped to usher in two decades of rapid American growth and prosperity.

OPINION LIVE EVENT
Election 2020 and the Future of American Politics

Join WSJ Opinion’s Paul Gigot and Kimberley Strassel with guests Marie Harf and Karl Rove as they discuss the upcoming election at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas on Tuesday, April 14 at 7 p.m.. Sign up here.

It also made them political targets as prosecutors riding an anti-Wall Street populist wave investigated insider trading. The prosecutions, using the RICO statute usually reserved for the mob, turned up some genuine crooks but also prominent Wall Street figures who were largely innocent. Ivan Boesky, a genuine crook, produced information in return for leniency that led prosecutors to Mr. Milken, a bigger prize.

Drexel Burnham eventually went bust under the pressure. Mr. Milken fought the charges for some time but eventually pleaded guilty to six felonies after prosecutors targeted his brother Lowell. He was never charged with insider trading but was given a 10-year sentence out of proportion to his offenses that the judge later reduced to two years.

Most of the original securities prosecutions of that era were overturned by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, though only after Mr. Milken had served 21 months in prison. “The charges filed against Mr. Milken were truly novel,” said Tuesday’s White House statement on the pardon. “In fact, one of the lead prosecutors later admitted that Mr. Milken had been charged with numerous technical offenses and regulatory violations that had never before been charged as crimes.”

In an irony for the ages, the U.S. Attorney in Manhattan at the time whose office led the prosecutions was Rudy Giuliani, who had his sights set on a campaign for New York mayor. Tuesday’s White House statement said Mr. Giuliani is among those who urged Mr. Trump to pardon Mr. Milken.

The White House statement also lists our proprietor, Rupert Murdoch, as a pardon advocate, among many others. For the record, these columns endorsed a pardon for Mr. Milken as long ago as Dec. 13, 2000, when news reports said Bill Clinton was considering it at the urging of financier Ron Burkle, whom the White House also mentioned on Tuesday.

The pardon erases Mr. Milken’s conviction, but the 73-year-old says he has no plans to return to the securities industry. It’s a shame the world was denied his expertise on that score for so long. Instead he has devoted his post-prison life to philanthropy through his family foundation with wife Lori and the Milken Institute.

His charitable priorities have included education, medical research, and spreading capital to the poor in the U.S. and around the world. His FasterCures project has saved countless lives by pushing the medical and regulatory communities to speed therapies for such afflictions as prostate cancer and melanoma.

Most of the media won’t share our view of this pardon, which is instructive about our politics then and now. Numerous journalists made their careers from prosecutors’ leaks against Mr. Milken and others on Wall Street, and they have a reputational stake in denying him any vindication.

Then as now the political air was also thick with a desire to punish the wealthy. Such vapors are easy to ride, but they don’t equate with justice. In the long run of history, Mike Milken has done more good for more people with his financial innovations and philanthropy than all the scribes of envy politics ever will.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 20, 2020, 02:30:24 PM »
". The Michael Milken Pardon
Trump’s act of clemency recalls an era rife with the politics of envy.
By The Editorial Board
Feb. 18, 2020 7:28 pm ET"

This has got to be the Wall Street Journal.

"Most of the media won’t share our view of this pardon"

Neither do I.  Milken with his prostate cancer has done just fine since.

I doubt even 1% if the corruption on WAll STreet is ever revealed

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
all the pardons have inside connections
« Reply #1783 on: February 20, 2020, 02:41:17 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Trump's Pardons
« Reply #1784 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »
You're not the only person to whom that has occurred.

BTW, a rather powerful summary of some facts in the Roger Stone saga:

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/483620-free-roger-stone