Author Topic: G M's guide to surviving CW2  (Read 6693 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Gray Economy
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Gray Economy
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2020, 04:40:27 AM »
https://www.finextra.com/blogposting/17260/system-d-the-gray-economy

Improvise, adapt and overcome.

"value is in real historic holders such as gold, silver, land, etc."

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2020, 05:23:16 PM »
https://www.finextra.com/blogposting/17260/system-d-the-gray-economy

Improvise, adapt and overcome.

"value is in real historic holders such as gold, silver, land, etc."

The only land you own is the land you control.

If you have a piece of paper that says you own the land, but it can be looted, burned or you dare not set foot upon it, then do you really own anything but the paper?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
MUST READ!
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2020, 10:58:45 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2020, 10:46:34 AM »
G M: "The only land you own is the land you control.

If you have a piece of paper that says you own the land, but it can be looted, burned or you dare not set foot upon it, then do you really own anything but the paper?"

Right.  You don't really own your land or property if your jurisdiction thinks they own it. Still I think own is better than rent if you wa t to make security alterations, for one reason.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: MUST READ!
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2020, 07:02:58 PM »
http://off-the-reservation.com/?page_id=2

Good stuff.  Pragmatic attitude.

From the article:
"Survival types like to talk about how long you can survive without this or that, in an extreme case. You can go weeks without food, and days without water, etc. Well there is a number for how long you can go in a gun fight without a gun, and that answer is zero seconds. If you can’t defend yourself, the rest of the stuff is a moot point. Defense first, always."

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2020, 07:52:49 PM »
I ordered "Prairie Fire".

https://normalamerican.com/posts/2020/prairie-fire-guidebook-book-review/

http://off-the-reservation.com/?page_id=2

Good stuff.  Pragmatic attitude.

From the article:
"Survival types like to talk about how long you can survive without this or that, in an extreme case. You can go weeks without food, and days without water, etc. Well there is a number for how long you can go in a gun fight without a gun, and that answer is zero seconds. If you can’t defend yourself, the rest of the stuff is a moot point. Defense first, always."

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Georgia
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2020, 04:38:43 AM »
In Georgia, at least 96,600 absentee ballots were requested and counted, but there is no record that they were actually returned to county election boards by the voter. Were they just created in-house by Democrat operatives?

Again in Georgia, “All 900 military ballots in Fulton county were 100% for Joe Biden.” Try flipping a coin and having it land “tails” 900 times in a row.

Sounds like Stacy Abrams fingers all over this.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2020, 08:34:37 AM »

In the red vs. blue state and county scenarios, I always seemed to be stuck behind enemy lines.  (Martin also mentioned writing from an urban setting.)  Liberals have taken over the places I want to be.  Strangely, anti-capitalism is now the party of wealth.  Our county, one of 87 in MN is bigger than 8 states in terms of population and economy.  In the outskirts, we are deprived of local government, governed essentially by the unelected "Metropolitan Council" and by leftist state laws; we pay the taxes that hold up the otherwise bankrupt inner city.  My small county in Colo, Lake Co. Colo. elevation 10,000 ft., voted 60-40 Biden.  How far out do I have to go?  Leftists govern the coastlines and the mountain ski resorts.

From the first comment of the book review: 
"The one thing I am still leery about is establishing a network of like-minded folks."

I don't know a network of like-minded folks.  That's one reason why my political views come out here.

74 million Trump voters have no way of reaching each other.  The campaign got my email address and cell number when I signed up but did not attend a Trump rally.  But gmail puts everything conservative or Republican in the spam folder, and texts with no way of tracing them get blocked manually.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2020, 05:00:24 PM »
Learn from the Spanish Civil War. Once things go hot, the people caught behind the lines die quite quickly.

Better have a Plan B, Plan C and so on...

In the red vs. blue state and county scenarios, I always seemed to be stuck behind enemy lines.  (Martin also mentioned writing from an urban setting.)  Liberals have taken over the places I want to be.  Strangely, anti-capitalism is now the party of wealth.  Our county, one of 87 in MN is bigger than 8 states in terms of population and economy.  In the outskirts, we are deprived of local government, governed essentially by the unelected "Metropolitan Council" and by leftist state laws; we pay the taxes that hold up the otherwise bankrupt inner city.  My small county in Colo, Lake Co. Colo. elevation 10,000 ft., voted 60-40 Biden.  How far out do I have to go?  Leftists govern the coastlines and the mountain ski resorts.

"The one thing I am still leery about is establishing a network of like-minded folks."

I don't know a network of like-minded folks.  That's one reason why my political views come out here.

74 million Trump voters have no way of reaching each other.  The campaign got my email address and cell number when I signed up but did not attend a Trump rally.  But gmail puts everything conservative or Republican in the spam folder, and texts with no way of tracing them get blocked manually.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2020, 02:40:41 AM »
My copy of Prairie Fire arrived today. I just finished reading it. GET THIS BOOK!

Learn from the Spanish Civil War. Once things go hot, the people caught behind the lines die quite quickly.

Better have a Plan B, Plan C and so on...

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The ugly truth-Plan accordingly
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2020, 02:51:56 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile