Author Topic: redondo, florete  (Read 5664 times)

michael

redondo, florete
« on: August 03, 2004, 04:50:06 PM »
I just finished watching all 11 videos, purchased from this web site. My question is my wrists don't rotate well for keeping the sticks close to my body when doing redondos and floretes. Is that a proplem when fighting or can I stay with forehand and backhand power shots for my arsenal and train to recover very quickly? The videos are AWESOME!!!! Thank you in advance.

bart

• View Profile
    • http://www.capitaldocepares.com
Redondos Etc...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 05:31:04 PM »
Hey There,

Those types of strikes are something that you have to work on over time. You build up the supporting muscle and tendon strength and then develop flexibility in the shoulders, elbows, and wrists that help you do it with power. I would suggest starting out slowly working on technique and then over time (at least weeks) adding power. Adding too much too soon is an invitation to injury. It's also helpful to do the same motion with a hammer or with a blade so that you have a clear focus on where the power is going and you are definitely hitting with the business edge rather than the oblique sides.

It's also helpful to have someone looking over your shoulder and giving you tips. Good luck.
Be Cool

------------------
Capital Doce Pares
www.capitaldocepares.com

michael

redondo, florete
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 02:51:45 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
redondo, florete
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 10:14:13 PM »
Some people prefer to develop these motions by allowing fingers 3-5 to open to the extent necessary to keep the stick in the intended arc.

My preference is to keep the hand closed and accept the arc that results and allow for it to improve over time.

I would also comment that apart from floretes and redondos, there are more shots than the various power forehand and backhands with which to mix up your game.

Woof,
Crafty Dog

michael

redondo, florete
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 01:34:09 PM »
Thanks for the reply I will take your advice and keep the fingers closed and let the arc develop. Thanks again for the great videos.