DBMA Martial Arts Forum > Martial Arts Topics

Has anyone ever seen a real Kali fight?

(1/19) > >>

Robin Padilla:
Hi! I am new and this is my first post.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever been in or witnessed a real Kali fight. Meaning, the fight was in the street and there were no rules. And if you did see one or have been in one, what type of techniques were used and did they have weapons?

I have never seen a real Kali fight so hopefully someone can answer.

Thanks!

Anonymous:
my  friends got in a street fight and one of the guys they fought pulled a chain out of his car and came running at him and swung it at his head.my friend said all he saw was a angle 1.put his arm up and went in with a headbut.the chain wraped around his arm and cliped his ear.but the guy with the chain got a headbut to the face and then his ass rightfully kicked.
came out with a bloody ear.good kali times.

georgeIII:
what exactly is a "kali" fight, and how is this different from a "regular" fight?

guest:
A kali fight involves Kali sticks.  No Kali sticks = no Kali fight.  Eskrima and Arnis sticks are not Kali sticks, either.  Often, this happens in book stores when customers linger and don't actually buy anything.   Since they are not actually customers, it's time to break out the Kali sticks.

Robin Padilla:
Whoops! Sorry. When I said a Kali fight, I meant a real fight where the participants know how to use or understand Kali, Eskrima or Arnis. Basically FMA be it stick, knife or empty hand.

I remember reading a story about how during a prison riot, a prison guard trained in Kali basically utilized nothing more than a roof block followed with some kind of strike to all the inmates who attacked him.

guest... I dont understand what you mean when you say Eskrima and Arnis sticks are not Kali sticks though. I thought the weapon was just an extension of the hand and even if you have a rolled up newspaper, it is still considered Kali???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version