DBMA Martial Arts Forum > Martial Arts Topics

Has anyone ever seen a real Kali fight?

<< < (19/19)

Tim Nelson:
so has anyone seen a real stick fight, or sword fight where FMA training was used? I assume this was the original wuestion, and an interesting one to me that didn't quite go too far in responses.

I have not, other than dog brothers fights. But unprotected challenge matches or more serious ones. As I have never even heard of one in the modern day.

For me the big difference of a street fight where it is spontaneous and a match in the future is the anticipation. I would love to hear any responses.  Tim

Crafty Dog:
Woof Tim!

How the hell are you?  Come post on the DBMAA forum and let us know!

Crafty

PS: Good observation.

pepe:
http://www.villabrillelargusakali.com/largusa.htm

"Born on Kauai, Hawaii on December 21, 1926, Grand Master Largusa?s first exposure to Kali came when as a toddler, he watched the Filipino men in his hometown of Kilauea, Kauai, Hawaii practice with the sticks."

"At the 1964 Ed Parker International Karate Championships held in Long Beach, California, he gave America its first demonstration of Kali.  Also in attendance were numerous martial artists from around the world, including Ed Parker, Bruce Lee, Dan Inosanto, and Jhoon Rhee."

"As the years passed, he saw the need to perpetuate Villabrille?s teachings and to promote a part of the Filipino heritage.  With Villabrille?s blessing, he began teaching a select group of students privately in his home in South San Francisco, California in 1969."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version