Author Topic: Why are we targetted?  (Read 8583 times)

White Flame

• View Profile
Why are we targetted?
« on: December 28, 2004, 11:19:51 AM »
I have a bone to pick with misconceptions about martial artists.
1- We are not all here to pick a fight.
We train in our art to unify body and mind, develop discipline and of course learn to defend ourselves. But our goal is not to go out and look for the first person willing to fight.

The reason i am typing this message is that i was on the bus last night wearing a sweater from a local Aikido club to wich i belong. And this guy (who had a good 100 lbs. ahead of me) picked a fight with me. His words were as follows: You think you're all tough just because you wear a martial arts sweater? and then he got up and attempted a right hook. i redirected him teeth first into a steel bar. I had knocked out 4 of his teeth. i got off the bus at my stop and security grabbed a hold of me. the called the cops and now i am looking at an excessive force charge. Does anyone have imput on this? And how can i fight this charge according to Canadian law. I did use my training but i do beleive i was in the right here.

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Why are we targetted?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 06:07:32 PM »
Which four teeth?  It takes a heck of a lot to knock out a tooth, let alone four.  That must have been some redirection  :shock:

Just Curious,

Gruhn
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

White Flame

• View Profile
it was
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 07:32:19 PM »
the front teeth, he came for the right hook, with ALOT of intention, i just kept him going into a bar and gave him a little extra momentum with a turn of the hip. had the bar not been there, he would have fallen flat on his face.