Author Topic: looking for people to train with in Honolulu  (Read 5410 times)

Dog Ryan

• View Profile
looking for people to train with in Honolulu
« on: March 08, 2006, 10:31:40 AM »
I see there are a couple of dogbros. out there, I would like to train with anyone of them..or anyone from the pack please let me know..

thai70

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »
Hey Irish,
We usually meet as a group every Saturday at Central OAhu Regional Park in Waipio.  We have not been able to train lately for a bunch of schedule conflicts (one guys has an MMA fight coming up, training at work and family commitments.  Yeah I know, excuses suck).
However we are going to get back full force in April for sure.  We are definately meeting downtown on April Fool's Day for some sparring.  Trying to get the entire group together.  You are free to attend.  Don't know where in Honolulu yet, but keep in touch and I'll let you know for sure.  You can e-mail me at:  thai70@juno.com
We'd love to have ya.  The more the merrier.
tom

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:13:05 AM »
I've just emailed Dogzilla about this thread.

Perrodefantazma

• View Profile
April Fools Saturday
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 07:19:55 PM »
Starting in April. We will have a" Town "( Makiki) monthly training and sparring session. Plus additional Leeward Side Saturdays in Waipio. At Central Oahu Regional Park. Off Kam. Hyway. Behind the baseball field.
 On any given saturday there will be sparring and fighting for all levels.
 This is a work shop class. Run and Organized by Dogzilla.
Utilizing drills and concepts from DBMA.We will follow a ciriculum from Crafty Dog and Surf Dog. Taught to Dogzilla.
 The Hawaiian Clan of the Dog Brothers will follow the standards.
Of the Dog Brothers. having your mind,heart and balls in the right place.
We will train and fight with the One Big Rule in mind. We all can go to work tommorrow. a bit banged up. Yet let train smart and safe.
My goal this year is to start with single weapons.stick,knife,staff and stick grappling. Dogzilla will delgate responsiblities to various members of the TRIBE. As an example. Tom Peruso- thai70@juno.com. Will teach single
Sticks & Kicks. Which is a combo of stick fighting with legs and arms.
Everyone brings something to the Table. Yet I dont want this to turn into a cluster fuck. Of talking and techincs. We will train with discpline.
Before any sparring or fighting. There will be a organized warm up and drills. That way some of the piss and vinegar will be out of your system.
Which creates less trips to the E.R. contact # 808-292-6818 for Mike -Dogzilla my email is usmcdogbros.dogzilla@verizon.net
Come meet up with the people on April Fools Day and watch or train.
This will be drill and sparring day. Lets build it, then fight it. Aloha..
Running AMOK with a Dog Bros Spirit.
    Sticks & Kicks.