Author Topic: Head Gear  (Read 15046 times)

Alain Smith

• View Profile
Head Gear
« on: August 12, 2006, 01:08:46 AM »
Hello
I?m a member of Amok South Africa and would like to ask you guys for any suggestions you can make on head gear for hard contact sparing, in particular for training knife scenarios. We?re probably going to order over the internet which doesn?t allow for good testing of any equipment and the dogbrothers seem like the best option for people to ask.
Cheers Alain

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Head Gear
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 06:15:54 AM »
Woof Alain:

May I suggest taking a look for existing threads dedicated to the matter of headgear?

TIA,
CD

Alain Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 07:12:05 AM »
Hello Crafty
If you dont mind me asking, the majority of threads in past posts concerned fencing masks, I see that you guys used padded headgear in thr Die Less Often Promo. Its the padded head gear I was planning to buy. But I also see that in your photos of gattherings you guys use the fencing masks to spar with, which would you recomend for scenario training.
Thanks Alain

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 08:43:46 AM »
The black padded head gear that is featured in the DLO promo I got online.  They are meant for weapon sparring (although I would only recommend soft sticks) and it comes with a face cage.  You should be able to Google it and find what you need.

Gruhn
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

Alain Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 02:15:25 AM »
Thanks for your time
Ill look for something that looks like it'll take some punishmnet.
Cheers Alain

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 03:25:04 AM »
Alain:

When I have a chance I am going to check out the FIST headgear.  Anyone have an URL?

CD

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:10:24 AM »
Crafty,
  I have a pair and in my opinion they are not as stationary as the ones I brought for the last DBMAA camp.  On top of that, they are twice as expensive =( http://www.dynastrike.com/head.htm

Gruhn
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 05:23:50 AM »
A friend writes:

I noticed your post re: the FIST helmet on the forum. Couldn't remember my login etc, so I figured I'd just e-mail you. My instructors in Santa Cruz use the entire FIST suit when they teach women's self-defense seminars.  The helmet (w/ plastic face shield) seems to spin around and lead to a rather unfortunate, cartoonish, head-in-a-bucket type of situation. Although, I'm not sure of whether they have an older model rather than the latest and greatest. But since Ryan mentioned they weren't as "stationary" -- I'm guessing the problem hasn't been solved entirely.  Hope that helps.

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 07:11:46 PM »
Check this out guys

http://www.amazon.com/Mask-Back/dp/B00068UE9S/sr=1-6/qid=1157504955/ref=sr_1_6/103-3747391-7017454?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

Have any of you guys tried a product like this?? There is an upcoming tournament hosted by the Pedoy School of Escrima http://pedoysescrima.com/Pac_Island_Tourney.php , they wont allow fencing masks unless we have some kind of protection for the back of the head.

We are trying to come up with some kind of solution by fabricating something out of foam padding but I came upon this and thought I ask for input.
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 07:16:49 PM »
You can find the product at SwordMasters.com as well http://sword-masters.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=45&osCsid=18e76df4ed4b0826750ac508b7cde3f9

The pic is the same so obviously they must be selling the product through different front ends.
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 11:18:47 AM »
ttt