Author Topic: Tony Felix seminar  (Read 9109 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Tony Felix seminar
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:02:44 AM »
Woof All:

I just received the following info from friend John Spezzano about a seminar by Tony Felix, who we are honored to have as a member of the DBMA Board of Advisors.

John/Tony what can you tell us about Satria?

CD
=================

Greetings all,

Tony Felix, one of Pendekar Steve Benitez's top students will be teaching a Los Angeles seminar in October.  He will be covering takedowns and sweeps, Satria Arts vs Boxing, as well as using langkah's and postures to sweep without using the arms.

Where:
Rey Diogo BJJ
8733 Venice Blvd.
LA  90034

When:
Saturday, October 6 from 2:30 - 6:30PM
Sunday, October 7 from 11AM - 3PM
How Much:
One day - $65
Both days - $120
CASH ONLY!!

Hope you all can make it!!!

jvs

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Felix seminar
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
Man if I lived in LA I would be all over that seminar like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
"This is a war, and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any time, in any place." ~ Morpheus

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »
Well then my friend, come stay with us :-)

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 03:27:06 PM »
Man if I lived in LA I would be all over that seminar like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobo on a Ham Sandwich?!!!  hahaah  Thank you for that..I really cracked out laughing my ass off at work..I mean the serious roar of laughes.

I am going to make it for atleast one of the day's...

What gear do you need to bring?

jvs9932

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 11:14:45 PM »
From Tony Felix:

SATRIA FIGHTING ARTS is the umbrella name for the Arts we now practice. But a major part of this Art is still the Wali Songo Family System of Pencak Silat.  Because we also train PENJANG GULAT-Indonesian Wrestling and Ullar-The Snake System which are technically speaking not Pencak Silat and we also train in Badui Arts which have many similarities to Ancient Thai Arts we needed a name that would honour all of these arts.  The underlying philosophy of continuity and approach to combat is still based on the principles emphasized in the Wali Songo system. 

Traditional Silat is a weapon based Art so there is an awareness of Bladed weapons within all the techniques taught and trained.  Although the Indonesian and Filipino arts are very close in geographcal location of their homelands and with many overlapping practices, one of the primary differences in approach is the use of langkah and another is emphasis on using the principles of Pukulan-The Art of continuous circular striking- in using the Pisau (short-bladed knife).

Be very well Guru Marc.
Tony F

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 07:14:07 AM »
I look forward to training with you again  8-)