Author Topic: Kids with sticks...the dogbrothers  (Read 19831 times)

El Cid

Kids with sticks...the dogbrothers
« on: September 10, 2003, 04:27:10 AM »
Hmm...these pictures look impressive.  Why don't you guys try sparring with ironwood or kamagong? How can one know an authentic art when all you guys do is ecourage each other to take meaningless whacks with supple sticks?

mike_c

yeah
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 08:00:36 AM »
yeah,  how can you guys pretend to understand sword fighting if you don't whack off each others hands.

*holds up his severed hand*
you buncha wussies  :D

yelp yelp yelp yelp yelp yelp

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 12:23:34 PM »
El Cid,

Are you talking about sparring with heavy wood with no protective equipment?  If so, have you ever seen anyone do this type of sparring without any restrictions on blows?
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 01:10:22 AM »
El Cid,

how You train Your knife techniques? Knife defences?

You think a shot with rattan stick is nothing special? Then let Your friend hit You hard to your head...

and don't forget: be friends at the end of the day...

SB_Mig

Just an idea...
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 08:34:43 AM »
Perhaps El Cid should take part in a Gathering and feel the "meaningless whacks with supple sticks" for himself... :lol:

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 01:46:21 PM »
Hey El Cid,

I just took a whack from a hollow plastic golf club from my 15 month little girl.  Left a nice welt, and it hurt like h*ll!   :D

I like SB-MIG's idea...come check it out yourself!  :wink:
Cindy "Pretty Kitty" Denny.
Dog Brothers, Inc.

Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 02:54:37 PM »
well seems like everything has been said ..

El Cid before bragging that this is just a meaningless game ... perhaps you should come and try it first before posting any further meaningless WORDS here..

p.s. there is no martial art or system that sucks or has unusulful stuff is the people that close their minds.. to a universe full of posibilities
see ya next post, best regards

Ed

Matt Bailey

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 12:17:35 PM »
"...it is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every dog that barks at you."--George Silver,  Brief Instructions upon My Paradoxes of Defense, 1599[/i]

laughable
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 01:30:09 PM »
el cid, what are you joking here or just a fool? rattan is not a supple stick. and is very durable! iam sitting in a rattan chair i brought back from the philippines 20 years ago maybe youd like a whack by it for effect! your funny!! make another joke!

Nick

El CID
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2003, 08:50:05 PM »
Anybody been hit with a "supple stick" while training lately? I train in the arts and have yet to leave a training session laughing at my partners ability to cripple me ( if he so chose to) with this girly "supple stick". Please try to fight with this "soft girly stick " before your fingers say something stupid again.

Peace!  [/b]

omission66

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2003, 05:14:36 PM »
I think I've seen enough damage with one blow done with a rattan stick to the head of someone wearing a fencing helmet.  The blow resulted in a KO any follow ups might have resulted in a hospital stay.  I think the idea of DBMA and the gatherings is to provide the most realistic sense of fighting without putting your friend in the morgue.

Further I add that if a clean shot to the head of someone wearing fencing helmet can cause a KO then using ironwood or sticks of that type without a helmet could cause paralysis or death or worse *L*  That sort action I could only justify using in a REAL situation where my god(creator), family (or the tribe), or my country(and the innocents therein) has been put in danger.  

And finally I would just like to unofficially state that you obviously don't understand what the DBMA is all about.

Dennis

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2003, 07:51:43 PM »
Quote from: omission66
That sort action I could only justify using in a REAL situation where my god(creator), family (or the tribe), or my country(and the innocents therein) has been put in danger.  

Er... How does one endanger a god, anyhow?

omission66

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2003, 12:15:02 AM »
I have very strong beliefs, you want to question my devotion?  or just my patience?

Next time you reply to a post try to stay relevent to the issue, you ass.

Dennis
------------
Woof Dennis:

I'm pretty sure the comment was made in a spirit of friendly levity (I certainly read it that way) --there's no need to become heated.  

Woof,
Crafty Dog

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2003, 05:27:17 AM »
Yikes! The wording caught my fancy, is all.

fgb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2003, 05:29:57 AM »
sorry for placing my 50 cents here but I know from experiance that all sticks hurt whether from a soft and supple stick or a ironwood stick and if you think that these guys arnt hitting hard you might offer them a chance to see how well your tech is and how you might be vunrable my advice is that you might think a bit more about this after you might take these men to the cleaners and soak up a shot or two (if your tech is supirior atleast one shot will get through I hope not more acording to your defense) though you do make a intresting point here about using a dencer stick this would increase the injurys and the healing time for most fighters fine if your trying to protect yourself in a last ditch but to your friends hmm hope I dont become your enemy for if you would do this in a setting to test your tech how would you treat youropponent? hmm this is rattling along a bit more than I thought but every one tell us what you think about this post and how this player wants to work his tech would you be nice upon meeting at stick length?
there is more to kali than kali itself

Alex

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2003, 03:35:13 PM »
"I just took a whack from a hollow plastic golf club from my 15 month little girl.  Left a nice welt, and it hurt like h*ll!"

Kitty got owned by a 15 month old - and is clearly having a "proud parent" moment because of it.

Kids eh. Bless 'em.

ROTFLMAO

*woof* *grrrrr*

*snarl*

<scratches ear, "attends" to own groin area>

snoopy dog

Re: Kids with sticks...the dogbrothers
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2003, 01:13:17 PM »
Quote from: El Cid
Hmm...these pictures look impressive.  Why don't you guys try sparring with ironwood or kamagong? How can one know an authentic art when all you guys do is ecourage each other to take meaningless whacks with supple sticks?

i'll whack u with my long supple stick that spits at the end, el cid!!! come to the gathering next!!! and i'll make u my female doggy!!!

Lazyhound

• View Profile
Re: Kids with sticks...the dogbrothers
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2003, 04:15:37 PM »
Quote from: Matt Bailey
"...it is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every dog that barks at you."--George Silver,  Brief Instructions upon My Paradoxes of Defense, 1599[/i]

Quote from: snoopy dog
Quote from: El Cid

i'll whack u with my long supple stick that spits at the end, el cid!!! come to the gathering next!!! and i'll make u my female doggy!!!