Author Topic: DBMA Kali Tudo (tm): The Running Dog Game  (Read 56505 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DBMA Kali Tudo (tm): The Running Dog Game
« on: January 30, 2009, 09:39:09 AM »
Dog Brothers Kali Tudo ™: The Running Dog Game---
Kali Silat vs. The Guard
By Guro Marc “Crafty Dog” Denny

In 1998 there was a big internet brouhaha about “Where’s the trapping?” I always felt the question a fair one. As I wrote at the time:

“Lets us begin by avoiding overstating things. We need to remember that in the current environment that a lot of this stuff continues to work. When I was in Brazil in June 1992 I showed Renzo Gracie the video from Paul Vunak: "Headbutt, Elbow, Knees". I have the ringside video of Renzo’s next vale tudo fight in which he drills some guy he gets in the corner with this precisely this structure.

“It is also important to remember that MANY situations that one might be in are quite different from the cage. How many people would want to have to close on concrete against a guy with good fast savate feet in cowboy boots? Yeah, it can be done, but some of you are going to get seriously zipped in the bladder. A straight blast might get you through a barroom ruckus to the door better than a single leg takedown/side control/arm bar. Many bouncers and others with lots of experience swear by trapping. So in my opinion we should not get carried away with the "Where-is-the-trapping?" stuff.

“Still, there is a legitimate question in all this. Little of what we see today is the way it is taught in many Jun Fan/Wing Chun or Kali/FMA classes and , , , it is important to honestly raise this question.”
END QUOTE

I also felt that the question had an answer—that the material was valid.

Allow me to begin my answer with an anology: In engineering, different types of strength are distinguished: compressive, tensile, shear, fatigue, etc. (I hope that any engineering people amongst our readers will be kind with any technical corrections of what follows.) My understanding is that compressive strength is the ability to bear weight. For example, you can put a lot of weight on concrete and it won't crumble. Tensile strength is the ability to withstand a pull. Think of the metal cables of a suspension bridge. Why aren't they made of concrete? The answer is that concrete has lousy tensile strength and easily snaps when tested in this way.

Against the fighting structures used in the 60s and early 70s JF/WC trapping structures worked. As Muay Thai came in this was less so. And as BJJ came in it seemed even less so. It is as if the BJJ question tested the tensile strength of concrete. Concrete is strong, but not in that way. The challenge, as I see it, is the equivalent of learning to put "rebar" (those metal rods that are laid out and tied together in a gridlike pattern) in concrete; something is need to provide tensile strength.

Before continuing, I’d like to clarify the terminology a bit. To my present way of thinking, “trapping” is simply a subset of Kali Silat striking and so for me the deeper question is where is the Kali Silat striking? We have heard the assertion of Kali and the other FMA that the motions of the empty hand are like the motions of the weapons—and again the infuriating question comes, “OK then, why is it not seen in the Cage?”

In my humble opinion, the answer is this. Although there are many people skilled in the drills and skills of the FMA (which are sometimes mocked as “tippy tap martial arts and crafts”) the key point is that most of them have never used these skills in the adrenal state. The only skills most people have used in the adrenal state are based upon boxing and Americanized Muay Thai tested in increasingly vigorous sparring that eventually becomes combat sport. Thus, it simply is no surprise that when they find themselves in a fight they use these skills and do not turn to their Kali Silat skill sets! In short, what we do, what we experience in the adrenal state is the deepest learning of all and as such it has a very strong tendency to supersede skills trained without adrenaline.

This also answers the question why I at fifty six years of age and counting I dare to seek to be someone who leads the way in establishing the validity of the Kali Silat idiom of fighting in the Cage. Of course the obvious logic is to leave it to some young lion to prove the theory with his deeds as Royce Gracie shocked the larger martial arts world with the advent of the UFC—I know that! The reason that in my humble opinion I remain relevant is that I HAVE hit people with sticks and these movements to me represent success in the adrenal state and I rely upon them in my own sparring. Combined with my many years of training under Guro Dan Inosanto (including as a private student) and other of the finest FMA, BJJ, and MMA teachers in the world, I believe this enables me to convey the necessary understandings to those who will actually step into the Cage.

Naturally the question arises whether any of our Kali Tudo ™ is relevant to those without extensive FMA type weaponry training and the answer is yes, but I must be candid. The mission statement of Dog Brothers Martial Arts is “To Walk as a Warrior for all your days”—and this means a lifelong path for the dangers of the real world, not just those of young male ritual hierarchical combat. This means we seek a system that uses the same underlying idioms of movement, regardless whether there are weapons and regardless of the numbers involved. This is precisely the point why Dog Brothers Martial Arts develops the subsystem of Kali Tudo ™ so we can use the same idiom of movement both with weapons AND empty hand AND to test our way of fighting empty hand in the adrenal state without concerns or pretensions that what we do is “too deadly for the cage”. In short, the highest levels of Kali Tudo are achieved by including weaponry training. There is no avoiding building the foundation. Those of you who put up the walls before thinking about putting in the wiring, when the sun of youth goes down you may find yourself in the dark. Conversely, those of you who put in the wiring without building sturdy walls and a watertight roof will may find yourself wet from a rain of blows , , ,

So how did “the Running Dog Game”, which is the subject of Kali Tudo ™ 2 come about and why is it the subject of the second DVD on this subsystem of ours?

In the aftermath of the aforementioned internet brouhaha of 1998, I began searching for my answers to the question presented. About two years later I had my first answer in something I called “The Running Dog Game”.

The RDG had its genesis in an unusual guard pass I learned from Renato Magno, BB in Machado BJJ, Pan Am BB Champion, and much more. In essence, it involves passing the guard, and perhaps snatching a foot lock, while running over the guard players head. Given my penchant for odd humor, I nicknamed the technique “the Running Dog” which in leftist-Marxist lexicon was a perceived calumny heaped upon the less powerful who benefited by aligning themselves with the capitalist class. It seemed humorous to me to embrace the insult of both my right wing “free minds and free markets” perspective and my doggy nature.

As I explored in the horizontal world of the ground how to best set up the Running Dog, I began to recognize reference points originally installed in my previously vertical Kali Silat (and Jun Fan Gung Fu) training. Very interesting! There were lots of successes, but also lots of getting arm-barred and lots of getting backswept. With further exploration, I developed “the Running Dog Posture” and developed a special exercise (which is shown in the DVD) to develop the physicality to maximize its capabilities.

So, in summary, what is the Running Dog Game? It is:

a) a way of standing up inside the Guard so as to establish the RD Posture

b) with the RD Posture established, the following options exist:

1) the signature move of the RD Game matrix: The RD pass over the head, either taking a foot or hip lock, or simply
standing up first and punting his head or taking controls from north-south. Typically the RD is facilitated by Kali Silat striking.

2) Kali Silat striking to knock out/TKO;

3) Kali Silat striking to “the Rico Kickover Heel Hook”;

4) Kali Silat striking to shucking the legs over to standard MMA type side control/knee on belly positions;

5) Kali Silat striking to shucking the legs over to Silat type leg attacks.

One of the key insights that opened my understanding was that a goodly part of the challenge of applying Kali Silat striking was facilitated by the fact that the because the Guard player had the ground behind him he found it much more difficult to move away from the traps, destructions, double timing and triplet timing strikes of Kali Silat. That is why this material is ideal for the second DVD covering our Kali Tudo subsystem—it is shockingly easy to apply against many people. Of course, nothing works against every one! Once this understanding is in place, the next step will be to apply it standing-- both in open range and clinch.

In 2000 I showed the RD Game to my backyard group (with drive by guest appearance by Top Dog) and filmed it as a “Vid-lesson” for instructors and private students of the DBMA Association. Some of this footage now appears in “KT2: The RD Game”. It was precisely because of the efficacy of the material that I held it back as a bit of a “secret weapon”. My reasons for changing my thinking in regard to secrecy are for a separate conversation on some other day. For the moment it suffices that in some regards my thinking has changed and that in September of 2008 I visited my good friend and hero Dogzilla and the Hawaii Clan of the Dog Brothers where we shot the current incarnation of the RD Game , , , as well as some other things that will appear in KT 3 and KT 4 ;-)

So there it is: DBMA Kali Tudo (tm): The Running Dog Game.

The Adventure continues!
Guro Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny
======================
 We hope to have "The Running Dog Game" out by the end of February.   We will be taking pre-orders soon!

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: DBMA Kali Tudo (tm): The Running Dog Game
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »
Exciting!

Is there going to be a promo video to go along with the release?
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

Chad

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »
Pretty sure this is NOT Legit.

"fight club" offering Kali-Tudo classes http://www.frederickwcook.com/ttowntigers/index2.html

Quote from: fight club
Kali-Tudo - This system was originally created in Indonesia and south eastern Asia. Kali-Tudo was first brought to America by Dog Brothers martial arts, where much like it's asian counterpart, it's viewed as a sport and fighting art. Kali-Tudo is much like Vale-Tudo (Brazilian MMA), except that Kali Tudo involves weapons instead of empty hand fighting.

Single stick, double sticks, stick and knife, knife, double knife, bo, nunchaku and more are all available for point fighting in Kali-Tudo. This system teaches weapons and more weapons and is as useful as a sport, as it is as a self-defense system.

You can even be ranked in Kali-Tudo!  :roll: http://www.frederickwcook.com/ttowntigers/Belt%20Charts/Kali-Tudo%20-%20Belt%20Chart.pdf

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »
 :?
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »
Chad:

Thank you for the heads up!!! 

I have just emailed them informing them of our trademark of the name.   Looking for the best in people I anticipate a favorable response  :-)

TAC,
Guro Crafty

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
I am delighted to say that I have received a prompt and gracious reply informing me that all use of our term "Kali Tudo" has been removed.  8-)

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »
I am delighted to say that I have received a prompt and gracious reply informing me that all use of our term "Kali Tudo" has been removed.  8-)

To quote former President Ronald Reagan, "Trust but verify"

:wink:
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

William

• View Profile
    • Mongrel Combative Arts
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 02:22:37 AM »

Kali-Tudo - This system was originally created in Indonesia and south eastern Asia. Kali-Tudo was first brought to America by Dog Brothers martial arts,

Ah yes, I remember reading about it in one of Donn Draeger's Books. :roll:

William
Mongrel Combative Systems
www.mongrelcombativearts.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 05:52:11 AM »
Are you saying that is what is up on their site now?!?  URL please!!!

William

• View Profile
    • Mongrel Combative Arts
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 06:03:06 AM »
Are you saying that is what is up on their site now?!?  URL please!!!

That was just a toungue in cheek comment by me. But Kali-Tudo is still listed in the "Style" section.

http://www.frederickwcook.com/ttowntigers/styles.html

William
Mongrel Combative Systems
www.mongrelcombativearts.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 06:50:53 AM »
 :x :x :x

I have just written him again.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 06:59:50 PM »
Sorry for the delay in following up.  I am informed the error was inadvertent and that all has been taken care of.

Moving forward now:

===================

We have gotten feedback (very positive btw) and are finalizing the edit on Friday.

prentice crawford

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 11:17:02 AM »
Woof,
 Guro Crafty is telling us that things are moving very quickly on getting KT2 The Running Dog Game ready to go. It's not too late to get in your pre order. If you do that it will ensure that you'll get a first production DVD and there won't be a problem with waiting in line to get your hands on one later. You can really speed things up if you go ahead and join the DBMA while you're at it. That will put you in a position to grab some of Guro Crafty's Vid Lessons for members only and not only put you in touch with the insiders of Dogbrothers Martial Arts but it will make you an insider as well. That's a big advantage and it's been something of a well kept secret, so you can really get an edge on everyone else by being a part of the members only site.
 So, don't miss out on all of this; pre order the KT2 DVD and join up with the other hardcore fighters from around the world that are already members of the DBMA; this is going to be big on the martial arts scene, I mean big! If you are the least bit serious about developing real fighting skills this is the time to invest in something that will pay off. How many times have you bought a training tape or DVD and it's full of the same old techniques that everybody already knows or it's some convoluted crap that no one can make work in a real fight. Not here! This is the real deal guys. I'm so glad my order is already in, this is really going to be great stuff. If someone tells you different, that's because they've got their order in and they are planning on handing you your butt the next time they spar you. Two can play that game, so pre order now. :evil:
                              P.C.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 07:05:17 PM »
Woof All:

We have just found some footage of me being trained in Panantukan by Manong Kalimba (sp?), friend of GT Gaje, in Bacolod circa 1997.  Snippets of it will appear on RD Game  8-)

TAC,
Guro Crafty

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »
This is very cool. Think of the massive amount of wasted time on Eskrima Digest with guys saying Panantukan did not exist!
Suntukan sounded like Shotokan or something...
I'm glad you are coming out with this.

I'd love to attend the Inosanto 4 day Silat fest in May... I am interested to see his metamorphosis of perhaps adding BJJ 'rolling' to the Silat structure of groundwork via Harimau, Rikeson, etc.

No doubt Guru Dan's light speed organization has warped ahead. Input from Ron Balicki's Shooto, and Erik Paulson no doubt has influenced him too.

The beat goes on,
--Tom Furman

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 05:08:37 PM »
Woof All:

Our editor ran into some serious technical challenges integrating the mini-DV footage and the new HD technology into one format.  These have now been resolved.

Sorry for the delay  :oops:
CD

prentice crawford

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 01:16:48 PM »
Woof,
 I can't believe how lucky some of you are! This means there is still time to pre order KT2 The Running Dog Game. So I have to wait a little bit longer :x, but that's O.K. I believe in giving everybody an even shot... right between the eyes that is! :evil: Grab it now guys or go to the back of the line :cry:.
                              P.C.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 02:02:27 PM by prentice crawford »

prentice crawford

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 08:38:09 AM »
Woof,
 There are rare moments of opportunity that present themselves as chance of a lifetime events and the up coming release of the Kali Tudo (tm): The Running Dog Game, is one of them. The problem with opportunities is that most people don't recognize them for what they are. As a result of that, only a handful of of very perceptive people are able to take advantage of these chance of a lifetime moments. Now later on, after you've trained with the material on the Kali Tudo DVD's and you've joined the Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association and continue to learn Guro Craftydog Marc Denny's methods; you will begin to notice that you standout in any group of martial artist as being the guy that no one can handle. Not in emptyhand sparring, on the ground and definitely not with a weapon and what is most important, these are not just sport skills, these are real combat fighting methods that are practical and work when you need them the most.
 Don't miss out on this opportunity guys; this is the one choice you can make that will up your game no matter what your experience level is. When I bought the first set of tapes, the Real Contact Stickfighting series, I had been a martial arts practitioner since I was twelve and now that I'm pushing 52, I can tell you that the single most important decision I made was joining Dogbrothers. It made everything I had learned in the past more valuable to me because Guro Craftydog shows you how to take all the training and all the techniques and make them work for you in a fight. You see it taught, you see it fought.
 I was given another rare opportunity by Guro Craftydog just this morning when he allowed me to take a sneak peek at the soon to be released Kali Tudo (tm): The Running Dog Game, yeah membership has its perks! 8-) I was able to see some of the vintage video of Guro Craftydog in the Philippines, training with Kali master, Manong Kalimba; some of that looked very painful for Guro Crafty, he came by this material the hard way. :-D I also caught a glimpse of some very interesting techniques to pass the guard (The Running Dog Game), and some wicked nose breaking Kali strikes. :evil:
 So this is your chance; the way I see it if a person is really serious about taking their martial arts skills to the highest levels and if they want to take those skills and use them in the ring or on the street for self defense this is the opportunity and chance of a lifetime. Be perceptive, pre-order Kali Tudo 2 and join the DBMAA. :wink:

P.C.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 08:43:20 AM by prentice crawford »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 01:07:43 AM »
I just watched the master on this and am pleased to report another outstanding job from Ron "Night Owl" Gabriel.

In this case there was also the tech challenge of integrating footage shot in mini-DV and HD.

I liked the menu footage so much that I asked Ron to add it to the promo clip-- which should be up by Monday or Tuesday.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Chris Poznik speaks:
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »
Hello all:

Chris Poznik here.  I'm over at Marc's house and he just showed me the almost final promo clip and asked me to post here some things that I said to him:

I thought a lot of information was conveyed for a promo clip.  I really liked the footage of Marc with the old Filipino master.  In my opinion, the strikes he shows are very practical.  I like the angles he uses a lot and think they show a good understanding of how the human body works.  I think some of the strikes can do a good job of breaking a collarbone.  I like Marc's blending of these strikes with the grappling.  I really like the naturalness of these strikes instead of being constricted by some form.

The Tree that Walks,
Chris Poznik

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 10:25:56 PM »
 :-D
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn

pau

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »
hope to have a copy wen you come to mexico on the nex seminar  :-D
guau desde mex ^^

woof from mex ^^

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 01:03:53 PM »
I would say that that is virtually a sure thing. :-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 05:02:50 AM »
Ready to start shipping any day now!!!  Waiting to get our shipment from the dupe house!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 06:58:30 AM »
Now shipping!!!

Point Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »
Now shipping!!!

Sweet!

Having trained some of this material with Guro C and been on 'the wrong side of it' from Red Dog in a Gathering, I can't hype this enough!  I'm looking forward to getting my copy and incorporating more KT material into my empty hand game!  :-D

Matt Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 09:44:37 AM »
Woof  :mrgreen:

pau

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »
wooooootttt  :-D
guau desde mex ^^

woof from mex ^^

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 09:29:19 PM »
Not only does he review but he also blogged about his experience with training the material.

http://maxiitheblindwatchmaker.blogspot.com/2009/05/training-kali-tudotm-week-two.html
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Rarick

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 02:20:14 AM »
Those strike destructions will suck the knockout power out of a strikers arms!  I also like the bundle the legs and take an ankle move.

If you guys can get the MMA camp going, you will make an impression.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 03:53:11 AM »
The guys on the DBMA Assn have been asking me to put together a camp this winter:  Perhaps the camp should be dedicated to Kali Tudo (tm) , , ,

Rarick

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 05:10:14 AM »
The recent Ultimate Fighter fight Episode has Justin Wren using the 'running dog' to get out of Wes Sims' guard and get an arm-in choke for a win.

Dog Howie

• Power User
  • Unexpected Anomolies
    • View Profile
    • My Duncan RiZe MySpace page
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »
The guys on the DBMA Assn have been asking me to put together a camp this winter:  Perhaps the camp should be dedicated to Kali Tudo (tm) , , ,
GREAT! I'd be there (subject to my broke thumb being healed up by the time). -h

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »
Alright folks, lets start taking a look at this.  We already have some interest from within the DBMAA but lets start counting heads here and sizing up dates.  IIRC we are thinking of February.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »
February works for me  :-D
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

MHouston

• View Profile
    • The Training Mat
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 07:04:02 PM »
We will help in any way we can. Just let us know.

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »
Is this going to be a West Coast event or would the East Coast be a possibility?  I would be willing to offer up my gym for hosting.
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
Well, by all means consider hosting a seminar :-) but one of the points of the Camp is that I don't have to travel  :-D

==============
"The recent Ultimate Fighter fight Episode has Justin Wren using the 'running dog' to get out of Wes Sims' guard and get an arm-in choke for a win."

Is there a clip of this somewhere?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:32:27 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »
Ahhh, I thought this would be like the Toronto Camp.
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn

Jonobos

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 05:26:42 AM »
The final picture in that slide show is pure gold Crafty!  :lol:
When life gives you lemons make lemonade
When life gives you hemlock, do NOT make hemlockade!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 10:20:42 AM »
A FB post:

"I've been trying the 'Running Dog' in bjj.  Both the step over heel hook and the walk-over single leg crab worked against white belts quite easily.  Moving up the food chain, I tried on a purple belt.  I did catch the walk-over single leg crab, but it took some scrabling to finalize it.  Finally, I tried it against one of our brown belts.  He beat the walk-over pretty handily, but it set me up for the step over heel hook, which I submitted him with...  And all this without the striking set-ups.  Good stuff, Guro!  Keep it coming!  Woof!!!!"

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »
second post:

"Had a great success with the the running dog this past Monday. We have a BJJ brown belt who spars with us on Mondays who has a very strong guard game. When we hit the ground from the clinch the material just clicked finally. As soon as I got into the RD squat and started trapping with the strikes he didn't know what to do. He tapped out because he couldn't stop the strikes or get to a better position without getting hit. In round two I was able to do it again and get the run over.
Thank you Guro Crafty."

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
The Running Dog Game
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 02:48:44 PM »
Woof All:

One of the strongest current fighters in the DBs is Boo Dog (DBMA Group Leader too).  Boo is a professional level MMA guy too (an instructor in Labell-Gokor submission too) who regularly spars with UFC fighters.

He and I have been getting together every week and I am very excited by some of the additions he brings to the Running Dog Game.

Stay tuned  :wink:

The Adventure continues!
Guro Crafty