Author Topic: Flex Stick Training  (Read 8263 times)

prentice crawford

Flex Stick Training
« on: November 23, 2004, 09:31:26 AM »
Hey All,
  I would like to give everyone a heads-up on the new "flex sticks" offered for sale on the Dogbrothers site. These new training sticks are a must have item.
  The weight and feel of the sticks are comparable to the real thing and the length is the same as the Crafty Dog model sticks about 31". The big advantage of these sticks is, that they are less punishing on the body than any padded stick I have ever used. However, they still give you plenty of incentive to get out of the way. Keeping the training as close to full contact as you can get without having serious stick hickies, is a big plus. Anyone who has ever used regular padded sticks knows what I'm talking about.
  Some protective equipment, like a mask and gloves, will still be needed for all out sparring but nothing heavy duty. After fighting with these sticks you can still go to the beach and not look like your wife is beating you again! :D
  So, go to the on line store and buy the right equipment, that will enable you to train harder, more often and realistically in the Dogbrother Way.
                                        WOOF P.C.

prentice crawford

Flex Stick Training
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 01:26:46 PM »
Hey All,
  I've been useing the Flexsticks to train transitions from stick, to clinch & grappling techniques. I've found that adding new takedowns and submission holds without having my training partner go all out defending aganist me with his stick gives a false result as to how well the move works. However, when we train all out it's all most impossible to work out the details of the move before one of us gets hurt. Working with the Flexsticks has given us a middle ground where the defense can be strong enough to be realistic but not to the point that working out problem areas is impossible.
  By the way, the Flexsticks work on the ground too!
                                  WOOF P.C.

LD

• View Profile
Flex Stick Training
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 06:38:39 PM »
Greetings,

I'm in the market for a good padded stick.  Are these Flexsticks like the ActionFlex?  They look very similar.  

Thanks,

Logan

prentice crawford

Flex Stick Training
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 09:52:25 AM »
Hey Logan,
  The flex stick that is offered by Dogbrothers MA is the 31" version of the action flex and you can get it at a discount as well as other items and Vid-Lessons when you join the DBMA.
                                     WOOF P.C.

logan

• View Profile
Flex Stick Training
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 10:28:40 AM »
hi logan
 8)

greetings from logan  :lol:
you tink i aint worth a dollar -
but i feel like a millionaire.

(queens of the stone age)

LD

• View Profile
Flex Stick Training
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 08:36:12 PM »
Thanks guys...and wow another Logan.  So I take it you like Wolverine / Weapon X. :wink:

Also, is there a DB training group in the Atlanta area I can join.

logan

• View Profile
Flex Stick Training
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 06:52:16 AM »
okay! i`m the old one...
 :D

hope you find a trainings-possibility.
DBMA ROCKS!
you tink i aint worth a dollar -
but i feel like a millionaire.

(queens of the stone age)

prentice crawford

Flex Stick Training
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 09:22:22 AM »
Quote from: LD
Thanks guys...and wow another Logan.  So I take it you like Wolverine / Weapon X. :wink:

Also, is there a DB training group in the Atlanta area I can join.

Hey LD,
  Try e-mailing Taji Nangi in Atlanta, his address is nanji17@excite.com he is a Dan Inosanto FMA instructor but is not a member of DBMA as far as I know. However, taking FMA classes and getting vid-lessons from Guro Crafty as a member of DBMA is a great way to start.
                               WOOF P.C.

LD

• View Profile
Flex Stick Training
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 07:37:46 PM »
PC,

I appreciate you getting back to me, I'll shoot Taji Nangi an email.

Thanks,

LD