Author Topic: DB Gathering posts  (Read 10537 times)

Glenn

• View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« on: November 25, 2004, 02:04:13 PM »
Hello Guro Marc Denny and The DogBrother Tribe,

It was a pleasurable, exciting, and a great learning experience participating in my first DB gathering.  I would just like to thank you and the rest of your organization for allowing me to participate in such a unique event.   To all the fighters that participated I honor your courage and determination engaging in such an exciting event.   It was a very humbling experience to honestly fight with those gentlemen.  I apologize for any injuries (if any) I had sustained.  I for one had some hickies on my abs and shoulders.  It was also a great honor  meeting  Mr. Guro Marc Denny and the great TopDog Erik Knauss!   I admire the females who particpiated in such an event, I admire your courage and skills.

Peace.

"It is essential to understand that battles are primarily won in the hearts of men"  
---Vince Lombardi

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 04:19:24 AM »
Woof Glenn:

Tail wags for the kind words.

Are you the one from the Magda Institute?

Woof,
Crafty Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 04:27:20 AM »
Woof All:

Reposting Sicilain's post from nearby here so that we have only one thread of post Gathering commentary.

Woof,
Crafty Dog
====================

Woof!

My deepest thanks to the Dog Brothers for a very successful gathering this Sunday. I'll definitely be back for the next one.

Thanks to those I fought:

Chris (knife-fight), Glenn (stick-fight) and the big guy wearing the Gracie Barra shirt (stick-fight)

It was also a great honor meeting Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny and Eric "Top Dog" Knaus.

Special thanks to Marc Scott for training me for this fight.

Also to my FMA trainers:

Sixto Carlos, Alvin Aguilar,Rom Macapagal Jr. and Ray Floro.

Glenn

• View Profile
DB Gathering
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 10:52:36 AM »
Woof Guro Marc Denny,

Yes, that is correct.  I fought the gentleman from Italy in the last round of the day. I aoplogize for not remembering his name and the two gentlemen that fought earlier (one with Muay Thai shirt and another whom I paired with knife fighting) I thought they fought very well!  I also fought Mike C-war dog with double sticks, whom I felt is  a very strong fighter and I thank him and the rest of the fine gentlemen for the humbling and positive growth experience.

Peace.

Glenn

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 12:11:59 AM »
This was my third Gathering.  I enjoy each Gathering more than the last.

One thing that made a huge difference was I set a goal of seven fights.  I only got four fights, but I had tons of energy and stayed focused through all four.  In the past, I mentally prepared for only three fights and found that between the second and third fight I was thinking stray thoughts about a shower, dinner, ... just not get hit anymore.

It is odd and interesting how comfortable this strange Gathering of fighters are with each other even though most only see eachother twice a year.

I don't hold any rank in JKD or Doce Pares; I have no interest in it and refuse to test, but being promoted to Dog means a lot to me.  I must be getting soft in my old age.

Dog Corey
I don't know how many of them it would have taken to whip my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. That's a handy little piece of information.
- Ron White

http://ironpunk.blogspot.com/

Sicilian

• View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 08:38:34 PM »
Hey Glenn,

Whats up? Its me Toby. The guy wearing the muay thai shirt. Hope all's well with you.

See you again at the next gathering. (That is, if I don't go back home to the philippines).

Take care bro,

TOBY

Russ

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • DBMA Connecticut
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 08:26:45 AM »
Dog Corey,

Congratulations on a recognition well deserved!

You represent the true spirit of the organization in willing to test yourself to the greatest degree.

Seeing you fight last November was quite impressive!

Woof,
Dog Russ
C-Bad Dog, Lakan Guro DBMA
http://dbma-connecticut.webs.com/

Glenn

• View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 09:43:59 AM »
Hello brother Toby,

Thanks for the growth experience with you!  I will always cherish those moments for a lifetime.  You are an awesome warrior and I wish you all the best of luck on your martial training and all endeavors in your life.  I hope you far exceed your own expectations and be the best of all you can be!   Hope to honorably meet up with you again.  

There are so many beautiful places in the Philippines, do you mind if I ask which part of the islands you go and which areas would you like to visit?

Peace bro,

Glenn

Sicilian

• View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 01:20:12 AM »
Yo Glenn!

Tourism in the Philippines is cheap for you guys earning dollars!!! Try out Boracay Island and Palawan. I have a friend who owns Coron Island in Palawan. We got the best tropical beaches in the world at ridiculously low prices.

Good luck to all your future endeavors brother! See you at the next gathering!

TOBY

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 03:47:39 AM »
Woof Glenn:

My compliments on a fine first Gathering.  We look forward to seeing you at the next one.

Woof,
Crafty Dog

Glenn

• View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 10:23:07 PM »
Woof Guro Marc,

Thnaks for the cool thought.  It was just my own expression toward my personal liberation...I honestly thought I could of done alot better and I seem to feel the adaptation toward the last round.  There were those little things that always pop the day after.  I'll definitely be more refined for the next gathering.

Peace.

Glenn

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 08:24:40 PM »
Woof Glenn & Toby:

Would each of you be so kind as to email me at Craftydog@dogbrothers.com ?

:-)
Crafty Dog

Glenn

• View Profile
DB Gathering posts
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 01:44:03 PM »
Hey Corey,

Congratulations to you on your promotion!  I wish you all the best of luck
on your endless journey.   Great shots of you fighting ( I don't think I would want to be beneath you!)  :shock:  I'm sorry that we were not able to pair up at the last rounds...I had helped out a gentleman with a cut ( maybe a raincheck?)

Peace,

Glenn