Author Topic: Tom Bisio book - A TOOTH FROM THE TIGER'S MOUTH  (Read 6345 times)

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
Tom Bisio book - A TOOTH FROM THE TIGER'S MOUTH
« on: May 04, 2005, 02:03:04 PM »
anyone read it yet? i just started. so far so good.

A TOOTH FROM THE TIGER'S MOUTH:  How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warriors

http://www.tombisio.com/publications.htm

i'm sure you know Tom Bisio's background in MA, if not, he is well known in Pekiti Tirsia/FMA circles - one of the top, if not the top, student of Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje Jr. he taught Eric "Top Dog" Knaus for a time. but since then he has been into the Chinese internal MA and the healing aspects of Chinese medicine. this book is about the healing aspects of Chinese medicine.

i was flipping through it in the bookstore, i know of Tom Bisio's rep and of him being legit, i bought it on the spot. i was skimming through it on train ride home and i noticed the western RICE approach and his comments on it from a Chinese medicine/Chinese sports medicine approach and how they differ. i look forward to reading the rest of this book, i know it will be good and most importantly, useful.

edit:  took out the html, forgot this forum is BBCode :-)
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 07:51:08 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on this!

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 09:03:17 AM »
i cross-posted this on another forum and was reminded of Tom Bisio's CMA lineage:

Quote from: Andrew

Haven't read the book, but Bisio's Chinese medical and martial background is from Vince Black, a guy who is considered by many to be one of the top 'internal' guys on the continent, and who is well known in the TCM community outside of his martial skills.

there are those who believe in chi and those who don't. Hei/Chi/Qi is a big part of chinese medicine. luckily for people who don't believe in Chi, they don't need to believe in it for cures to work :-)
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 02:37:28 PM »
Highly recommended reading...  I have the book, read it and use the knowledge as a Devil Doc.  I have known GM Black since the late 80's and I have enjoyed his company.  He is truely a master...   :D
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com