Author Topic: MMA Thread  (Read 566780 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Yee hah!
« Reply #550 on: October 22, 2010, 12:02:58 PM »
Looks like I get to go to tomorrow night's UFC for free!

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: MMA Thread
« Reply #551 on: October 22, 2010, 01:52:16 PM »
Woof Guro Crafty, Thats a Damn good price.  :lol: 8-). Have a great time.
Im going with Lesner.....Though the potential for a good fight is there.
His power has proven to be too much thus far....
             HD
Howling Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 22, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »
And, given the crew who is bringing me along, the seats promise to be rather good :wink:  Keep on eye for me on your TV screen :-D

pau

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 23, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cain new champion VIVA MEXICO ahaha jeje sorry mexican pride  :-D
guau desde mex ^^

woof from mex ^^

Sebresos

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 23, 2010, 10:31:41 PM »
Man, here we go again, nice fight, Lesnar got whooped, lets see how long Cain can keep it!  Cain can sure let his hands fly, CRACK!!!!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: October 23, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
I had fourth row in the VIP section.  Dana and Randy Couture were about 8 seats diagonally from me. 8-)

In his last fight Lesnar flinched on one good hit and covered up until Shane Carwell got gassed.  Here CV was not intimidated, and had no problems with gas in the tank or staying calm in BL's initial bull surges.  BL still does not like getting hit.

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 24, 2010, 05:49:47 AM »
Woof GC, Very cool seats! Also tough tickets to get. I looked for you, but alas to no avail.  :-)

And so goes the heavy weight div.....CV is a very good well rounded fighter with plenty of gas in the tank.
But we are back to the 230 something pound heavy weights, which is ok...but I don't see him holding the title long.
I can remember when everyone  including myself thought Andre Arlovski was the next big thing  :-D
Jr. Dos Santos waits in the wings......and has a decent chance to be the next champ.
 TAC!   HD
Howling Dog

Sebresos

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 24, 2010, 07:04:56 PM »
Mr. Denny, just out of curiosity, what was the look on Dana Whites face after Brocks TKO.  :?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 25, 2010, 06:17:52 AM »
I didn't get to get to see it :lol:  I suspect though that he will find a way to make money  :lol:

Chad

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 25, 2010, 10:39:35 AM »
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cain new champion VIVA MEXICO ahaha jeje sorry mexican pride  :-D

He was born in California, so....

USA!  USA!  USA!
 :wink:

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
« Reply #560 on: October 25, 2010, 11:04:50 AM »
Copying and pasting some pix posted by my friend Ausgepicht from elsewhere.

Dana White looks disappointed that Lesnar lost.

What a cut on Brock's face!

Congrats to Cain! I really like him. I was anti-Lesnar to begin with, thought it gimmicky of White to have him in the UFC. But after Brock beat Shane Carwin (who I also like) coupled with Lesnar's coaches (Erik Paulson and Greg Nelson = JKD!!!!), I started to like Lesnar a little.

Think Junior Dos Santos is next up for Cain Velasquez, which should be a good fight, but the fight I want to see is Cain vs Shane Carwin.

My thanks to Ausgepicht for posting the pix as well as to the original gif makers.
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 25, 2010, 02:09:42 PM »
Pau, Chad:

I confess to being irritated by the Brown Power tatoo he recently got and the tone of some things said.

Sebresos

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 27, 2010, 09:04:56 AM »
Just rewatched the fight, tell me Cain didn't use some trapping on the ground, on Brock! Yeah it's obvious that in his life Brock was used to being the hitter and not the hittee, if thats a word.

pau

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 02, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »
Pau, Chad:

I confess to being irritated by the Brown Power tatoo he recently got and the tone of some things said.

Wow i ment nothing bad   :lol:
guau desde mex ^^

woof from mex ^^

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 03, 2010, 04:18:47 AM »
Pau:

Nothing amiss with your comment.  Inadvertently you stepped into an American political minefield.  :-) Like Rarick, I take the tatoo as a symbol of divisiveness, all the more inflammatory in the context of the brouhaha over Arizona's law about illegal immigration wherein many people IMHO have showed great disrespect to the concept of America.  I count myself as amongst those who believe that if you come to America, then come to be an American.  Unfortunately it seems that they is a growing number of people here who do not feel that way.

Furthermore and apart from that, I would be irked at "Yellow Power" or "Red Power" or anything like that.

pau

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:20 PM »
Well their's a saying in my family "Don't discus Politics, Religion, Race, or Futball cus some one is always going to get angry" and this from my one personal family hehe  we are all FMA family all colors all creeds come together cus of DBMA :-D  this is an MMA thereat so lets get back to topic.

On The Ultimate Fighter how do you guys see Koscheck as a trainer??? man the guy is 6-2 is it cus HE is bad as a trainer?? to me he is an ass all the way, i know it makes good TV but to me he is a bad example for the people how love the sport.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:40:23 PM by pau »
guau desde mex ^^

woof from mex ^^

Chad

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 04, 2010, 07:46:20 AM »
Thats' the thing that gets me most- he's not from Mexico. His Dad became a naturalized citizen on his SEVENTH try. Cain is an American. So he can't be the First Mexican HW champ. It really has nothing to do with race- I'm upset with the fact that Dana White has politicized my one escape from the real world in  MMA.

I agree Kozcheck sure comes off as a a**hole. This will be the first time I am cheering for GSP...

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 04, 2010, 08:41:54 AM »
Chad:

Exactly so. 

By billing himself as a Mexican champ and tatooing himself with "Brown Power" Cain elevates race to the highest loyalty.

selfcritical

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 21, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »
Lyoto almost ended the fight 4 times. Rampage was never close to doing so even once. I don't see giving him the decision off of one takedown and two uppercuts.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Sundry
« Reply #569 on: December 05, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

a) Freddie Roach on GSP:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpkjn8Wufz8&feature=player_embedded

b) Machida vs. Jackson:  Hard to see how the judges came to that decision!

c) Last night on the TUF finale event, Joe Rogan had a riff on how bad decsions are getting  to start to thing that MMA is starting to get corrupt; he went on to say that it is because the Nevada Athletic Commission, which basically is boxing people, is putting clueless morons judging UFC fights.  I was surprised at how candid his comments were.

d) Exciting finale to the TUF event.  I really like that kid who won (name slips my mind at the moment) but he sure took too many strong hits in the first round.  IMHO shots like those have a cumulative effect.  He really needs to clean up his standing striking game.

Sebresos

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 06, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »
I am glad Rogan spoke out. Nobody else in the UFC organization will say it. Rogan is a wealthy man, he can afford to be candid.

selfcritical

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Sundry
« Reply #571 on: December 08, 2010, 10:01:33 AM »

a) Freddie Roach on GSP:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpkjn8Wufz8&feature=player_embedded

b) Machida vs. Jackson:  Hard to see how the judges came to that decision!

c) Last night on the TUF finale event, Joe Rogan had a riff on how bad decsions are getting  to start to thing that MMA is starting to get corrupt; he went on to say that it is because the Nevada Athletic Commission, which basically is boxing people, is putting clueless morons judging UFC fights.  I was surprised at how candid his comments were.

d) Exciting finale to the TUF event.  I really like that kid who won (name slips my mind at the moment) but he sure took too many strong hits in the first round.  IMHO shots like those have a cumulative effect.  He really needs to clean up his standing striking game.

Jonathan Brookins. You'd think he would have learned that lesson after fighting Jose Aldo(and doing suprising well before getting knocked out)

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Chad

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 07, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »
It was cool seeing a Dogbrother(tm) cornering in the UFC. Are there any more other than Lucky Dog that are active in the organization?

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 07, 2011, 10:04:16 AM »
It was cool seeing a Dogbrother(tm) cornering in the UFC. Are there any more other than Lucky Dog that are active in the organization?

Woof Chad,

Sometime ago, I recall reading that Surf Dog was also coaching. Not sure if he is still actively coaching.

~sg

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 07, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
Chad:

Well, in addition to our being turned down in the early days of the UFC for being "just too extreme" (see the copy of the letter on this website) I was a judge at UFC 10.  Surf Dog was a judge for several years at "King of the Cage" which was something of a feeder event leading fighters to the UFC where I filled in for him when one of his students was fighting and Surf Dog is a regular judge at the UFC, TUF, and various MMA events around California-- of course only when one of his guys is not fighting.  Boo Dog is a regular sparring partner to elite UFC/MMA fighters out of Gokor Chiviikyan's gym (e.g. Manny Gamburian).

TAC!
CD

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 07, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »
Thank you Guro C.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 07, 2011, 03:35:38 PM »
I should also mention my days at the RAW Gym (Rico Chiapparelli, Frank Trigg, Vladimir Matyushenko, and others of note).

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
Fightmetrics - UFC Stats
« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »
http://fightmetric.com/ufcrecords.html

Top Ten Stats for:

Shortest Avg. Fight Time
Longest Avg. Fight Time
Knockdowns Landed
Takedowns Landed
Takedown Accuracy
Takedown Defense
Significant Strikes Landed
Significant Strike Accuracy
SLpM - Strikes Landed per Min.
Total Strikes Landed
SApM - Strikes Absorbed per Min.
Significant Strike Defense

My thanks to my friend Ausgepicht for posting this elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:50:58 AM by Stickgrappler »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 07, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »
Some good fights on the finals show of TUF I thought, though my recorder cut off just before that actual finals.  Great showing by Clay Guida!

Too bad about Lesnar's diverticulitis.  I disliked him before the TUF season began, and disliked him more as the season went by.  I would have liked to see Junior Dos Santos kick his ass.  Tis a thought without evidence beyond the curiosity of the timing, but I find myself wondering at the timing of the re-appearance of his diverticulitis , , ,  I read Lesnar as a bully and when a bully gets his ass thoroughly kicked as BL did by CV, the psychological implications for the bully's ego can be very challenging indeed.

Great face time for Erik Paulsen as the trainer for Team Lesnar!

Sisco T.

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
 looking forward to the 2nd round of Strikeforce's heavyweight Grand Prix this Sat. on showtime. Overeem vs Werdum(good fight!) and barnett vs rogers(a kind of a gimme fight for josh). a pretty decent undercard too.

i might miss it live though. L.A. film fest starts this weekend and there is a screening of the Evan Tanner documentary ''Once I was a Champion". im probably going to check it out. ill see if i can stay off internet to watch the fight replay later in the evening.

Francisco

Sebresos

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 15, 2011, 02:52:34 AM »
I think Werdum beat Roidereem once before, Josh Barnett has been talking a lot of trash, I don't give Rogers much of a chance, but I hope he gets in a lucky punch and knocks Barnett out!

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 15, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
No one gave Rogers a chance against Fedor, but he did well... also could be a factor of Fedor being overconfident.

On any given day, any fighter can beat any other fighter. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Sisco T.

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 15, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »
I think Werdum beat Roidereem once before, Josh Barnett has been talking a lot of trash, I don't give Rogers much of a chance, but I hope he gets in a lucky punch and knocks Barnett out!

it's funny you call Overeem ''Roidereem''. don't get me wrong, i also find his physique......suspect. especially if you look at him from just 4yrs ago, but he has never tested positive to my knowledge.

then you have josh barnett there. he was once one of my favorites. not only because of his fighting ablilty, but  also his affinity for anime, manga, comics, and quoting ''fist of the north star'' to his opponents  :-D. having been caught on THREE different occasions, and pretty much killing ''affliction'' you'd think he'd be geting more attention for his positive tests.

Francisco

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
ABB
« Reply #584 on: August 28, 2011, 03:49:20 PM »

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #585 on: October 11, 2011, 10:05:30 PM »
Forgive me if this is not the proper place for this, but wasn't this the guy who trained Kimo and then danced in the octagon with him when Royce Gracie decided not to continue after his fight with Kimo in UFC III?

I also seem to remember this guy being involved in a UFC fight before groin shots were illegal during which someone was repeatedly punched in the groin. I can't remember if this guy was on the receiving end or the giving end, so to speak.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44867359?GT1=43001#.TpUcIxx8SzY
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

bigdog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 12, 2011, 05:01:23 AM »
He also was the GM of Joe San-do.  Really.

Forgive me if this is not the proper place for this, but wasn't this the guy who trained Kimo and then danced in the octagon with him when Royce Gracie decided not to continue after his fight with Kimo in UFC III?

I also seem to remember this guy being involved in a UFC fight before groin shots were illegal during which someone was repeatedly punched in the groin. I can't remember if this guy was on the receiving end or the giving end, so to speak.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44867359?GT1=43001#.TpUcIxx8SzY

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 12, 2011, 09:47:09 AM »
IIRC he was delivering the groin shots.

Seeing-Eye Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 12, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
Keith Hackney was delivering the groin shots to Joe Son.
DVM SPIRO, SPERO

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 12, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »
I stand corrected  :-)

C-Yo Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 12, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »

C-Yo Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:45 PM »

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #592 on: October 12, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »
Okay, C-Yo Dog, I haven't laughed out loud that hard for some time. Thank you. That deserves afro smiley face.  :mrgreen:
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

theskirt

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 13, 2011, 09:11:28 AM »

new fight leauge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iYzTkOrHrp8

"cutting edge techniques"  - I like that one.  Florian really can give Ben Stiller a run for his money. 

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
Alex Davis on Ego in MMA
« Reply #594 on: October 23, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
My friend Xen Nova, on a different forum, gave me a heads-up to this article/interview. Pretty much substitute "Life" for "ego" and it's my thoughts too...well Alex Davis is way more articulate than I ever will be. Not sure if we have a thread devoted to ego only, so hoping this is the proper thread for this.

Copied from http://mmajunkie.com/news/25767/as-mma-continues-global-growth-veteran-manager-alex-davis-warns-of-egos-ugly-side.mma:

As MMA continues global growth, veteran manager Alex Davis warns of ego's ugly side

by John Morgan on Oct 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm ET

As a lifelong practitioner of judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu, not to mention a founding member of MMA's famed American Top Team academy, noted MMA manager Alex Davis has seen the sport grow from the beaches and jungles of his native Brazil to a global phenomenon.

And while Davis believes there are still plenty of opportunities for growth in the sport, he's also bothered by a growing enemy within the sport: ego.

"Time and time again, I find myself staring ego in the face," Davis recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "A lot of money has been spent, events have been created, fights have been accepted, enemies have been made and big decisions taken – all based on ego."

"Ego is a part of us, it is a definition, it is a part of our mind that we use to identify our self. It is a subjective factor that drives many of us. And it is also a major factor in our sport. Many decisions are based on ego, strange as it may seem."

In some ways, ego is an integral part of a fighter's psyche. After all, in order to lock yourself in the cage with another man intent on separating you from consciousness, a certain confidence is required. But even if MMA's fighters are forced to toe the line of cockiness, Davis believes the athlete's support team should be available to make more rational evaluations. However, Davis said he doesn't believe this is always the case in today's MMA landscape.

"I don't know why ego so permeates MMA," Davis said. "Maybe it's the feeling that we get when we watch a fight that brings it out? We see a great fighter obtain a knockout or a submission, and we watch as he celebrates. At that moment, he is the man – the hero, the winner! We all want to be like him; we want that aura. We want to be looked at in the same way we are looking at him. We want to be near him, to participate in the glory; we want a piece of this. It's intoxicating. It touches us right in our ego, doesn't it?

"But, it's not reality. Whatever motivated this same guy to end up in that ring, a whole lot of hard work also went into it – a lot of sweat and a lot of pain. And here is where ego gets in the way. Your normal person, who for the most part has never really taken any activity as far as where these guys have taken what they do in order to do it, don't get it. They do not understand this reality. All they know, and its unconscious, is that they want a part of that glory. They want to be like that, and a lot of people act on that feeling. They act motivated by ego, and they will try to buy that feeling.

"Ego is a sorry decision-maker. It's a sorry trainer and sparring partner. It's a lousy manager. Ego turns champions into losers. It makes them forget what got them there in the first place. Some guys seem to be inoculated against it. Other guys are completely moved by it, and a whole bunch of other wackos are intoxicated by it."

It's Davis' perceived influx of those "wackos" into the sport that have him most concerned. It's new breed of manager, a new wave of trainers – perhaps even a few prospective professional fighters – who have allowed ego to overtake the true spirit of martial arts.

"Decisions based on ego will always be the wrong ones," Davis said. "It's not a logical factor. It's a feeling, although a real one, and decisions based on it will deviate from the objective, which in our case is to win fights.

"Martial arts teach us humility, teaches us about ourselves. When we step on a mat to compete or into a ring to fight, at that moment we are all by ourselves. No friend or trainer can share that moment. It's us and that other guy giving us that dirty look from the other side as he goes through and deals with the same moment."

It's an ages-old creed for those who train in traditional martial arts. Honor and respect over ego and personal gain. But as MMA continues its rapid global expansion, Davis believes some late arrivals to the scene are searching for financial gains and ego boosts instead of remaining true to the roots of the sport.

"The potential damage ego can cause is something a lot of people getting involved in this sport need to learn," Davis said. "It's pathetic to run into these people that just jumped on the bus but seem to think that they can just come up and buy a window seat in the front. Reality is not like that and careers are being ruined by this attitude. Fighters are being pried away from places like Greg Jackson's or American Top Team and fed an illusion of what some newcomer can do for them – what a Greg, who has spent a lifetime time doing this, supposedly can't. And what is all of this based on? Ego!

"I guess it also has to do with our culture – what we see on TV, how heroes are created and fed to us. I have been many, many times to Japan for fights, and one thing that has always struck me is the completely different way in which the Japanese fans see fights and fighters. In Japan, a loser can be as much a hero as the winner. He is appreciated by how hard and valiantly he fought. He is worshiped for never giving up, even though in the end, he lost.

"There is a deeper meaning to martial arts and MMA. It's what makes this sport noble rather then a bloodsport. Ego has no part of it. Ego is shallow and futile in comparison. The fighter learns that lesson, and that's why for the most part, fighters can be some of the nicest people out there. But in all aspects of MMA, not just fighting, we must learn to separate ourselves from our ego.

"What makes fighters win fights? Hard training with the right people and the right attitudes at the right times. It's determination. It's the will to overcome, to stick with it, to surpass our own selves, to become better and better. Maybe some people are motivated to do this out of their own ego. I guess what makes each person tick is different. But for sure, the moment ego takes over as the main decision-maker, things will go downhill."

bigdog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Evans and Torres "miscues"
« Reply #595 on: December 09, 2011, 02:59:55 AM »
http://mma-boxing.si.com/2011/12/08/dana-white-responds-to-rashad-evans-miguel-torres-media-miscues/?sct=hp_t2_a17&eref=sihp

Miguel Torres has been let go by the UFC and Rashad Evans apologized to Dana White, both for expressing inappropriate thoughts. 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Tonight's fights
« Reply #596 on: December 10, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »
Any comments/predictions on tonight's fights?

JDN

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 28, 2011, 09:28:39 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Surf Dog and TUF in Brazil
« Reply #599 on: January 18, 2012, 09:55:14 PM »
Surf Dog, who has become one of the top judges in MMA (regularly judging the UFC, Strikeforce, TUF, etc) will be one of the judges for this coming season where the coaches are Vitor Belfort and Vanderlei Silva.  The season will be in Brazil, filming begins Feb 6.  Surf Dog will be there for 6 weeks.

In other news female MMA fighter "Cyborg" tested positive for steroids after knocking out her Japanese opponent in 16 seconds.