Author Topic: Fire Hydrant: Howls from Crafty Dog, Rules of the Road, etc  (Read 173350 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Woof All:

It feels like a good moment to address a couple of matters.

Almost everyone seems to have a good feel for the basic Dog Brothers rule "Be Friends at the end of the day".  In cyberspace, we speak to each other as if we were face to face.

I also would like to point out an important feature of the culture of this forum: thread coherency.  By this I mean a strong bias towards having threads which address particular themes instead of a zillion threads all over the place.  Not only does this make for more coherent conversation, it also makes for easier use by those who come here to read about particular topics without having to surf all over the place.  For example, as I write, we are on the cusp of 40,000 reads for the WW3 thread.  The number of reads per post on this thread is quite impressive and it says to me that our principle of thread coherency has merit.  Thread coherency also makes it easier for each of these threads to be research and data repositiories i.e. if someone wants to find a post of something that caught his attention he can go to a particular thread and find it much more readily.

Bottom line:  Before creating a new thread, please take the time to surf through existing pages to see if there is one that already encompasses the subject matter of your intended post.

This is PARTICULARLY so with regard to political matters.  In a certain sense we can say that martial arts is about more than developing our personal fighting skills, it is about the Art and Science of dealing with Aggression effectively.  Seen this way, it makes perfect sense to have threads about evolutionary psychology and about governmental actions.  Indeed, government action is the sanctioned force of its respective society.  This is, by the way, why progress usually consists of lessening those areas of Life determined by governmental action and increasing those handled by voluntary personal interaction!

We live in interesting times and the transient nature of the many moments in the larger themes could easily lead to a situation where political posts crowd out martial arts posts and this I do not want.  This is, and will remain to be, a martial arts forum.

This matter of thread coherency has a far looser standard for martial arts related posts.  In other words, if your intended post might fit in a themed thread and you can find that thread then please post it there.  If not, go right ahead and create a new one.

In the coming days, I will be moving some posts around, perhaps creating a new thread or two.

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Fire Hydrant: Howls from Crafty Dog, Rules of the Road, etc
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 05:11:40 AM »
Woof All:

Before starting a new thread, please consider if your post could properly fit within one of the existing threads.  Here is a partial list to which I will be adding as time goes by:

POLITICAL TYPE MATTERS:

*WW3:  Like it says.  Please aim for posts of substance.
*Geo Political Matters:  For discussion of big picture, underlying themes.
*Howl of Respect to our troops:  Stories of our troops in action.  We're proud of them.
*Help our troops/our cause: Things we can do to help those who stand for us.
*Libertarian themes:  For matters of freedom and governmental power
*We the unorganized militia:  People stepping forward in moments of danger
*We the well-armed people: Guns in a free society
http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=724
*Poltical Rants:  Like it says-- this is the thread for highly opinionated and emotional pieces
*New to the forums:  You're not the first person new to this forum.  Instead of creating a new thread, please find this one and use it for saying hello and introducing yourself.
*Humor:  R rated is OK, please avoid X rated.
*Law Enforcement issues:  Heroic acts, legal issues, problems facing LEOs on the individual level, and on the societal level
*Homeland Security:  Dealing with the threat of Islamic Fascists and others here at home.  Posts related to this issues in Europe and Latin America belong here too.
*Current Events Phiippines:  The Philippines are the homeland of the Art we love and most of us know very little about it.  This thread is for posts helping bring us up to speed on the complex birthplace of the Art.
*Political Theory
http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=724

GENERAL INTEREST

*Evolutionary Biology/Psychology:  As martial artists, many of us find it of great interest to look at things from this perspective
http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=523
*Wolves & Dogs:  An area of great interest to some of us around here.
http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=108
* Gender issues thread:  sometimes political and sometimes a matter of Evolutionary Psychology and often both
*Filipinos outside of the Philippines:
http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=5964

MARTIAL ARTS

*DBMA Kali Tudo:
http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=597

*Knife vs. Gun
http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=787

buzwardo

• Power User
    • View Profile
Dealing w/ Impotent Internet Cranks
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:58:43 AM »
Hope I'm not tresspassing by posting in this thread, but many of the issues cited here have been lurking around this forum lately, IMO. I've some quibbles with this piece; I think a more clinical term should be used than bullying and some of the responses suggested are simplistic, but overall  good info can be gleaned. Click the link as the original is well annotated:

http://www.bullyonline.org/related/cyber.htm

Cyberbullying on the Internet
Cyber bullies, cyber bullying, flame mail, hate mail

The Internet provides the perfect forum for cyberbullies, individuals whose aim is to gain gratification from the distress caused by provoking and tormenting others. The anonymity, ease of provocation, and almost infinite source of targets means the Internet is full of predators from pedophiles targeting children to serial bullies targeting ... anybody.

Cyberbullies get a perverse sense of satisfaction (called gratification) from sending people flame mail and hate mail. Flame mail is an email whose contents are designed to inflame and enrage. Hate mail is hatred (including prejudice, racism, sexism etc) in an email.

Serial bullies, whose behaviour profile you'll find in full at Bully OnLine, harbour a lot of internal aggression which they direct at others. This may include projection, false criticism and patronising sarcasm whilst contributing nothing of any value. It may also include a common tactic of "a number of people have emailed me backchannel to agree with me". This is standard bully-speak which I've experienced on several forums. In every case it's a fabrication or a distortion - usually the former. It's also a variant of the serial bully head teacher who says "a number of parents have complained to me about you...". When challenged, the identity of the alleged complainants can't be disclosed because it's "confidential". The purpose of this tactic is to wind people up. Don't be fooled into believing it has any validity - it doesn't.

People who bully are adept at creating conflict between those who would otherwise pool negative information about them. The method of creating conflict is provocation which bullies delight in because they know they can always coerce at least one person to respond in a manner which can then be distorted and used to further flame and inflame people. And so it goes on. The bully then sits back and gains gratification from seeing others engage in destructive behaviour towards each other.

Many serial bullies are also serial attention-seekers. More than anything else they want attention. It doesn't matter what type of attention they get, positive or negative, as long as they can provoke someone into paying them attention. It's like a 2-year-old child throwing a tantrum to get attention from a parent. The best way to treat bullies is to refuse to respond and to refuse to engage them - which they really hate. In other words, do not reply to their postings, and on forums carry on posting without reference to their postings as if they didn't exist. In other words, treat nobodies as nobodies.

The anger of a serial bully is especially apparent when they come across someone who can see through them to espy the weak, inadequate, immature, dysfunctional aggressive individual behind the mask. For instance, when serial bullies see themselves described at www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm they usually send me an abusive email.

If you receive abusive emails or flame mails or hate mail, you can forward it to abuse@isp where "isp" is the service provider the abuser is using, eg "aol.com" or "yahoo.com". Although Internet service providers may not act on every complaint, the more complaints they receive about a particular individual (with examples of abusive email) the more likely they are to close down the person's account.

The objectives of bullies are Power, Control, Domination, Subjugation. They get a kick out of seeing you react. It doesn't matter how you react, the fact they've successful provoked a reaction is, to the bully, a sign that their attempt at control have been successful. After that, it's a question of wearing you down. The more your try to explain, negotiate, conciliate, etc the more gratification they obtain from your increasingly desperate attempts to communicate with them. Understand that it is not possible to communicate in a mature adult manner with a disordered individual who's emotionally retarded.

The Number One rule for dealing with this type of behaviour is: don't respond, don't interact and don't engage. This is not as easy to do as it sounds. It's a natural response to want to defend yourself, and to put the person right. However, never argue with a serial bully; it's not a mature adult discussion, but like dealing with a child or immature teenager; whilst the serial bully may be an adult on the outside, on the inside they are like a child who's never grown up - and probably never will. Serial bullies and harassers often have disordered thinking patterns and do not share the same thoughts or values as you.

The second rule is to keep all abusive emails. Create a new folder, perhaps called "Abuse", and move hate mail and flame mail into this folder. You don't have to read it. When the time comes to take action, this folder of hate mail and flame mail is your evidence. Bullies, especially cyberbullies, are obsessive people and if their account is closed down you may start receiving mail from another address. This can later be compared to the abusive emails you've already received to identify the perpetrator. You'll find the same words, phrases and strategies occurring.

The third rule is to understand bullying. Read through Bully OnLine carefully, understand the profile of the serial bully. Recognise that you are not dealing with a person who has the same mindset as yourself. Bullying, and especially cyberbullying, has links with stalking - see www.bullyonline.org/related/stalking.htm for links to stalking sites.

Rule four is get help. If you're a young person, this is essential. Even mature experienced adults often cannot handle bullying and harassment by themselves. Sometimes you are dealing with a severely disordered and dangerous individual.

Rule five is become alert to provocation. It could be called "The Baiting Game". A provocative comment is made and those who respond spontaneously in irritation (eg non-assertively) are then encouraged to engage in conflict with those who respond without irritation (eg assertively). The provoker watches, waits and stirs the pot with the occasional additional provocation. What interests me is the sense of gratification that a provoker gains from watching others indulge in destructive interaction initiated by him- or herself. In this context, gratification is a perverse form of satisfaction akin to, but distinct from, pleasure.

The sixth rule is become an observer. Although you may be the target of the cyberbully's anger, you can train yourself to act as an observer. This takes you out of the firing line and enables you to study the perpetrator and collect evidence. When people use bullying behaviours they project their own weaknesses, failings and shortcomings on to others. In other words, they are telling you about themselves by fabricating an accusation based on something they themselves have done wrong. Whenever you receive a flame mail or hate mail, train yourself to instinctively ask the question, "What is this person revealing about themselves this time?"

The seventh rule is decide if you want to take action, and if so, prepare carefully and strike hard. Sometimes refusing to respond and engage will result in the cyberbully losing interest and going off to find someone easier to torment. Sometimes though, especially if there has been interaction in the past, the cyberbully is so obsessed that s/he cannot and will not let go. You will have to make that person let go, but only through swift, hard, legal action, and only when the time is right. Don't deal with the abuser yourself (this encourages bullies and stalkers), use a third party such as a solicitor.

Finally a reminder - never try to mediate, negotiate, conciliate or otherwise deal with a bully or stalker yourself. Always remember Rule #1: don't respond, don't interact and don't engage.

My page on stalking which includes a behaviour profile of the Internet stalker may prove interesting.

Bully OnLine is a gold mine of insight and information on bullying which identifies the different types of harassment and bullying, and exposes the principal perpetrator, the serial bully. Everyone, whether they're receiving flame mails or hate mail or not, knows at least one person in their life with the profile of the serial bully. Click here to see ...who does this describe in your life?

Have a look through this web site to recognise the bullies and bullying in your life ... start with Am I being bullied? then move on to What is bullying? To find out what you can do about bullying, click Action to tackle bullying. Have a look at the profile of the serial bully which is common to sociopathic managers, harassers, stalkers, rapists, violent partners, abusers, paedophiles, even serial killers of the organised kind.

If bullying and harassment have caused injury to health, commonly diagnosed as "stress", see the page on injury to health and the one on the psychiatric injury of trauma, a collection of symptoms congruent with the diagnostic criteria for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD.

Links

May 2005: One in five young people bullied by mobile phone or via the internet [More]

March 2005: Study reveals 40 percent of students claim to have been bullied online [More]

Staying safe in cyberspace, a page from Bullying Online at www.bullying.co.uk

Cyberbullying - practical advice for parents and schools

Conflict in Cyberspace: how to resolve conflict online by Kali Munro
The Psychology of Cyberspace by John Suler

http://www.haltabuse.org/

http://www.wiredpatrol.org/

Links to cyberbullying and Internet violence sites

Links to stalking sites

26 August 2004: article in New York Times, Internet Gives Teenage Bullies Weapons to Wound From Afar

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Hydrant: Howls from Crafty Dog, Rules of the Road, etc
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:12:28 PM »
Woof Rogt, Buzwardo, Captainccs and me:

Gentlemen, following up on some sidebar conversation with each of you, I'd like to issue a call that from here forward we elevate the level of debate to the level of discussion.

Yes?

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog

buzwardo

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »
Works for me. A couple threads seemed to me to be circling toward further unproductive unpleasantness so I'm gonna walk away from the tit for tat stuff and go back to posting pieces that catch my eye.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 06:28:36 AM »
Woof All:

Obviously we are making some changes around here.  The non-martial arts topics now have their own forum.

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 02:11:03 PM »
Folks:

If you would like to promote something, please check in with me and wait for an answer first.

Thank you,
CD

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
Back from a week of checking in on my mom in southern Peru.  Good to be home!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Attention Cranewings
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 04:29:27 PM »
Woof Cranewings:

Is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsaRh81f_gw&NR=1

TAC,
CD

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
A Howl for my Pretty Kitty
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 08:25:17 AM »
FYI, Cindy went through 274 registrations for the forum today.  270 of them were spambots.  Lets hear it for the 4 new members of the forum!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 10:02:44 PM »
Busy, busy, busy.  After four days in Mexico City last weekend, I leave in the AM for three days in Manassas VA.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 11:47:40 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place for this but here it is...

8-)  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SLED DOG!!!!   8-)
With love and respect from all your Kajupit Ohana. 

Grandmaster Gelinas(aka) Sled Dog is 55 today.  http://montrealmartialarts.com/

8-)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:51:19 AM by loyalonehk »
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »
I'll be Cub Scout camping with my son for thre days  8-) so I will be MIA around here.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
On the road
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 10:30:22 PM »
Woof All:

I will be leaving tomorrow (Tuesday) for Manassas VA for one week.  My posting will probably be less than usual during that time.

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Piracy, Youtube, renting, etc
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »
Woof All:

Like we say at the beginning of our DVDs, we do our best to give you full value and to treat us fairly and ask the same of you.  The purpose of this thread is to ask any and all of you to let us know at info@dogbrothers.com if someone is posting our material on youtube, renting it, etc.

Thank you,
Crafty Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 06:38:32 AM »
Just a bit of housekeeping.  I have pasted the "Open Letter" thread below, so that I no longer need to "sticky" it, which clutters up the beginning of the forum:
================================

Open Letter from Crafty Dog
« on: February 01, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Howl of Greeting to All:

It has been brought to me attention that there has been concern by some
people about my mingling of politics and martial arts on the Public Forum.

For me, it was logical to do so.  With the attack by the Islamo-Fascists on
911, Dog Brother Martial Arts' mission statement of "Walk as a Warrior for
all your days" naturally connected with the idea of the heroes of Flight 93
on 911.  In short, as behooves a free people,  the idea is that "We the
people" step forward in our own behalf-- just as envisioned by our Founding
Fathers in the Second Amendment of our Constitution and in Section 311 of
Title 10 of the US Code.

As I see it, our homeland is under attack.  This attack did not begin on 911.  It did not
finish with the attack of 911.  911 was simply one step in a progression-- 
the next step of which may include nuclear contamination.   (Even on 911 the
risk was there:  What would have happened had the Islamo Fascists had flown
Flight 93 into the nuclear reactor at Three Mile Island and left
Pennsylvania glowing for several hundred years?)

THIS is the context in which I began including politics on the General
Forum.

Where I rather blithely have missed the point however was in my failure to
appreciate that some people on the Public Forum were worried that
participation in Dog Brothers Martial Arts meant agreement, or would be
taken by others to mean agreement with my distinctive politics.

Certainly this has not been my intention!

I am well aware that intelligent people of good faith can and do come to
different conclusions about how to best go about responding to the
challenges and dangers of our time!

So, please allow me to be perfectly clear: Dog Brothers Martial Arts is for
anyone of any political or religious persuasion that accepts Respect,
Reciprocity and Reason as the basis of human interaction.  When we come
together to train, it is as if we are part of the Olympics.

To accentuate this principle, we have re-organized the public forum so as to
put Politics in its own Forum.  The Spanish language forum continues as
before, but the previous General Forum has now been divided into three
forums:

·         Martial Arts and related matters:

·         Science, Culture & Humanities

·         Politics & Religion:

Whichever forum(s) you go to, we promise you high-IQ, informed, passionate, and lively reading.

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 11:08:32 AM »
Woof All:

I have a CD of an interview that I did which I think went rather well and would like to have it transcribed.  Any suggestions as to how to go about this?

TIA,
CD

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 02:42:02 PM »
Woof All:

I have a CD of an interview that I did which I think went rather well and would like to have it transcribed.  Any suggestions as to how to go about this?

TIA,
CD

I can do it for you Sir.

My mom owned a medical and legal transcription business for 35 yrs.  I've helped her in the passed before she passed away.  No charge, just shoot me a copy of the CD and mail it to:

2782A Panther St.
NAS Lemoore, CA. 93245

*If you have any special instructions or requests please shoot me an email. 

Always happy to help the Tribe and our Leader of the Pack.

Woof!   :-)
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 04:16:22 PM »
Woof C-Kaju:

Thank you very much.  It may take me a day or two to get my wife to run off a copy.

TAC,
CD

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 04:26:45 PM »
Woof C-Kaju:

Thank you very much.  It may take me a day or two to get my wife to run off a copy.

TAC,
CD

8-)
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 12:57:04 AM »
Actually, in that Night Owl and I are in Hawaii with Dogzilla for the next 6 days for a seminar and DVD shoot, it looks like it will not get taken care of until I return. :roll: :-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 10:40:12 AM »
Folks:

Whenever possible, please put something in the subject heading for your posts.  For example, in the "video clips of interest" thread, it will help someone search for the video URL you post if the post subject has a title e.g. "multiple player, 2 KOs" or something of the sort.

TIA,
CD

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Request for Reviews
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 10:30:32 PM »
Woof All:

I was just surfing through our catalog/store and noticed that several of the DVDs have few or no reviews.  Would folks be so kind as to post reviews of any of our DVDs which you have?

TIA,
Guro Crafty

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »
I just left a pair of reviews.  Thank you, Marc, for bringing these to the martial arts community.
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

califkali

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 08:56:21 PM »
2 reviews added. Attacking blocks and stick, foot work. No review now but the Sonny Umpad touched us ( Craig..Jerry..Lester).

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 09:36:01 PM »
Just put one up myself.  I actually didn't know this was possible otherwise I would have done it along time ago! 
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »
Woof All:

I leave in a couple of hours for a weekend of Cub Scout camping with the family and may not have internet access until our return on Sunday evening.

TAC,
CD

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »
Woof, Is the members site down? Whenever I try to log in I get A Google broken link error.....
Any help would be appreciated..........
Thanks!
                                                 C-HD
Howling Dog

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 01:30:38 PM »
Woof, Is the members site down? Whenever I try to log in I get A Google broken link error.....
Any help would be appreciated..........
Thanks!
                                                 C-HD

I just got on no problem...

Yip,
C-Kaju Dog 8-)
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
Woof Kaju...I got in also...earlier today I could'nt get in then the same probelm later in the day....seems all is well at this time.
Thanks for the response.
                                       C-HD
Howling Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DBMAA site
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 05:11:48 PM »
Our webmaster was doing some stuff-- brave husband on St. Valentine's Day!-- but as far as I can tell all is well now.  If anyone is having any problems, please post here.

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »
i am having the same problem now, i had to try a few times before it would let me into the members section this just happened a few moments ago
those who do not listen learn through feeling

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 12:55:36 PM »
Woof, Actually this has happend on several occasions in the past week or so for me. Most trouble or greatest difficulty was yesterday.
                                      TG
Howling Dog

Bob Burgee

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 02:19:11 PM »
Hey Guys,

Apologies for any confusion. I've been working on a database driven version of the site and some of the old html buttons are pointing to older versions of the pages. I have flipped the site back to the html version until the details are worked out.

Sorry for the buggy transition.

All the best.

Bob Burgee.
Bob Burgee.
Technical Director.
robertburgee@gmail.com

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »
Greetings to all from Norcross, Georgia. I am here until Sunday for a conference at Sifu Francis Fong's school. Back to California on Sunday night, and I then I will miss not having a Waffle House down the treet from me.  ;D
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »
Anyone know who this is?

Saw it on Craigs list. 

http://fresno.craigslist.org/act/1170879212.html

Reply to: comm-zrsuz-1170879212@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-14, 11:58AM PDT

Looking for any practitioners of FMA's for training/ sparring, etc. Looking to establish a network of professionals that are interested in training realistically, with an eye towards RBSD and personal protection. All styles welcome. Exploring the interface between empty hand, impact, and edged weapons. No kooks and wanabe ninjas, please, only serious practitioners of the art(s). We have varied backgrounds including military, LEO, personal protection-Kali, Silat, JKD, Muay Thai, Jujitsu, etc.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1170879212

Woof,
KD

V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
woof KD,

i DK that craigslist poster.

----------------

woof:

not sure where to post this, so here it is.

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=1092

it's 3 pages... handwritten by Bruce Lee. it's his private lesson plan to Taky Kimura. it's on auction.

also posted to my blog:

http://stickgrappler.blogspot.com/2009/07/bruce-lees-private-lesson-plan-to-taky.html

~sg
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
On the road
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 07:43:56 AM »
I am leaving shortly for the DBMA Camp and family time and will return on Wednesday evening.  I don't know how much internet time I will have until then.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Yip!
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
Yip from North Carolina!

Good to see people posting in my absence.

The Adventure continues!
CD

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2009, 09:15:55 AM »
If you are in Jacksonville, NC be sure to visit Schwanicks Gentlemans club.  You wont regret it.  There is more memorabilia in there than any Military museum I have ever been to.  Ask a local Marine for directions...  You wont regret it. 

:mrgreen:
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »
How close to Fayetteville is that?

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:55 AM »
How close to Fayetteville is that?

Not sure Sir,  best guess a 2-3 hr drive...  Mabye some other time would be best.  If ever the opportunity arrises, maybe someday our journey will take us to that neck of the woods and TAC...

Be safe and have fun,
KD  :wink:
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Dog Howie

• Power User
  • Unexpected Anomolies
    • View Profile
    • My Duncan RiZe MySpace page
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 11:12:47 AM »
I hadn't been to NC for 30+ years till a couple of months ago (1 of my sons is in university in Charlotte). ONce there I was reminded of how welcoming the area seems to be. Different from up here in Philadelphia for sure. Enjoy your stay.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »
Woof Kaju:

I will not have time for that much driving-- all of my days are already quite full.

Woof Howie: 

Yes I am enjoying the people.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
Woof All:

Greetings from the SHOT Show in Las Vegas.  Good times 8-)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
I tried so hard to be there, but another officer snagged the time off before me! Lucky dog.   :wink:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 07:34:37 AM »
 :-D

Some extraordinary toys here  8-)

Rarick

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 04:30:26 AM »
Which were most impressive?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 09:01:36 PM »
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you , , , :wink:

Rarick

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2010, 04:44:32 AM »
I kind of liked that 5.7mm PDW upper for the M16.........