2017 DBMA Winter Camp with Punong Guro Marc “Crafty Dog” Denny
WHAT: “Die Less Often Anti-Knife”: Anti-knife, anti-knife, and more anti-knife!
WHEN: January 21-22. Know that the start time for the Saturday class will be at 17:00 (5PM) i.e. after the close of regular classes, until 22:00 (10PM). Note that this means if you are flying in, then arriving earlier in the day on Saturday is an option. Sunday’s training will begin 09:30 and close around 16:30 or 17:00.
WHERE: “The Academy” in Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills (This is Rigan Machado and Martin Wheeler’s school– one block west of La Cienega Blvd.) Obviously, Beverly Hills is a very expensive area (think Eddie Murphy in “Beverly Hills Cop”) so for those so inclined the plan is for people to stay in the Hermosa Beach area and share rides to the Academy.
- $250 General Admission
- 10% discount for members of the DBMA Association. Coupon Code: WC10
- 20% discount for Law Enforcement. Coupon Code: WC20
- 25% discount for active duty military. Coupon Code: WC25
To ensure you get plenty individual attention, various DBMA Guros will be in there and attendance will be limited to 30 people, so you would be wise to register now!
Since the release of the first of the “Die Less Often” DVD/download series some ten years ago http://dogbrothersgear.com/DVDs-Downloads/ the DLO material has evolved considerably (including “Trauma Care” and “CQ Pistol”) and continues to do so.
Among the things covered at the Camp never before seen on DVD will be:
- The “Artful Dodger”–solving the live hand whether it seeks to push or to grap;
- Using Kali Tudo MMA to functionalize the Dog Catcher
- The Dog Catcher for Prison Sewing Machine Ice Pick as well as Hammer Grip knife attacks;
- What to do when control of the knife arm is achieved– a matrix of attack ideas;
- Getting to the back and what to do when you get there;
- When surprise overwhelms your trained initial response: the Instinctive Block into an over hook– bringing “The Rico” to bear for anti-knife– and the “Grounded Rico” for when things fall to the ground;
- Plan Z: You’ve messed up–he has grabbed you;
All of these and more will be shown in the context of the “Die Less Often” matrix: long range and close quarter Kali Fence, cues of criminal assault, rules of engagement, etc.
There will be plenty of time for friendly dynamic play!
The nature of the progression means that this Camp is available for all backgrounds:
- LEO, Military, Bodyguards, Doormen, etc;
- Seasoned martial artists wanting to make sure their Art is real;
- Inexperienced people wanting to get right to the nitty gritty of anti-knife.
In closing I would to say that I envision this Camp as being a real encapsulation of a block of material I have been working on for about 18 years and I feel fired up to really make a definitive statement of this area of DBMA. In that the Camp is dedicated to anti-knife (contrast a seminar where my time is divided between many areas of DBMA) my mission is that you to go home different than when you arrived.
Walking as warriors for all our days!
Punong Guro Marc “Crafty Dog” Denny